News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

XMG Pro 17 and Neo 17 panels spec

Started by rusm, May 13, 2019, 17:39:32

Previous topic - Next topic

rusm

Hello.
What exact panels installed in new Pro17 and Neo17?
BOE NV173FHM-N44 (BOE07B6) on both, or something else?

I'm worried about colors calibration. BOE07B6 is OK according to reviews, so I have to be sure what exact I will order.

XMG Community

Currently:

XMG NEO 17: XNE17E19 and XNE17M19 with 144Hz:
BOE NV173FHM-N44 at 91,3% sRGB Coverage

XMG PRO 17: XPR17E19 and XPR17M19 with 144Hz and G-SYNC:[/b]
AUO B173HAN04.0 (H/W:0A) at 86,2% sRGB Coverage

Cheers,
XMG|Tom
Schenker Technologies GmbH
// Firmenaccount für PR & Communitypflege
Technical Support
Mo-Fr 8-18 | Sa 9-14 // Tel.: +49 341 246704-0

rusm

Thank you! Both panels looks good. Is it any chance to see UHD soon?

Can you help me to choose between Neo 17 and Pro 17:

1. I see that Pro a bit bigger and heavier than Neo. Does it mean that Pro a bit colder and quieter in the same config with RTX2060? I can't found any detailed review about new Pro 17 chassic, only one on notebookcheck.net, but body is different.

2. Another difference is Fingerprint Reader, but I can't find it on Pro 17 official photos. Where it situated?

XMG Community

Hi rusm,

1. In the ultimate fight of XMG PRO 17 vs. XMG NEO 17, the NEO actually runs a bit quieter and slightly cooler.

XMG NEO 17XMG PRO 17Furmark/PrimeNoise51 db54 dbmax. CPU Temp96°C97°Cmax. GPU Temp70°C79°Caverage CPU Speed3440 Mhz3107 Mhzaverage GPU Speed1065 Mhz1325 MhzWitcher 3Noise47 dB53 dBmax. CPU Temp84°C94°Cmax. GPU Temp72°C73°Caverage CPU Speed3882 Mhz3876 Mhzaverage GPU Speed1440 Mhz1395 Mhz

Values taken from samples in February and March 2019. Both samples with i7-8750H, 2x 16GB RAM and RTX 2060 Max-P.
The upgrade to i7-9750H does not make a difference in either of these. Pending further tweaks and driver updates, your milage may vary.

Performance-wise, XMG NEO is surely a force to reckon with. But XMG PRO has the wider range of features, including G-SYNC, Thunderbolt, a better touchpad, faster Card-Reader and such.

2. Fingerprint in XMG PRO and SCHENKER COMPACT is located inside the glas touchpad. It only lits up when Windows is requesting Finger input.

(https://abload.de/img/gamma-fptgj6g.jpg)

(3D rendering, close representation of backlit fingerprint reader in glas Touchpad)

Any more questions, feel free to ask!

Cheers,
XMG|Tom
Technical Support

rusm

Thank you, Tom. Really helpful chart!
I really like Pro model for it range of features. But Neo looks so quieter... Here will be hard choice ;))

Let me ask you a bit more, hope this questions should be interested for community too:

1. Is it possible to open laptop case and change components without loosing warranty? I mean something like adding HDD or RAM or ... (where I should stop before guarantee will be broken)

2. I'm worried about colors: if i see after purchase that lcd panel not so good for Photoshop as I expected, can I change screen to 4k panel B173ZAN01.0 (AUO109B) that your used in previous Pro 17 model? Will it work in Pro 17 RTX2600?
I can change it myself, or send computer back to you for paid upgrade, it does not matter. Just want to know, will it work together or not.

Thank you.
Roman

XMG Community

1. Yes you can open your laptop without voiding warranty, as long as you don't damage it during this process.
Read our FAQ about Service and Upgrades.
For XMG PRO 17 we have a Service Manual online. XMG NEO 17 is even more easy to service, we will probably make a few videos soon.

2. Changing the panel is not so easy. Both XMG PRO 17 (2019) and XMG NEO 17 are using the new "Narrow Bezel" form factor, which severely limits the number of compatible panels. Currently there is no 4K panel for this form factor. AUO B173ZAN01.0 (AUO109B) will not fit inside the chassis and is not supported. Our current panels for this form factor are:

LaptopPanel TypeModel NamesRGBXMG PRO 17 FHD 144HzAUO B173HAN04.0 (H/W:0A)86,2%XMG NEO 17FHD 144HzBOE NV173FHM-N4491,3%SCHENKER COMPACT 17 (Early 2019)FHD 144HzBOE NV173FHM-N4491,3%SCHENKER COMPACT 17 (Mid 2019)FHD 144HzLG LP173WFG-SPB195,2%

The sRGB coverage values in this table are measured by us, internally. There might be a slight ±2% variation due to different light conditions and production tolerances.

If you're now asking me if you can have the LG LP173WFG-SPB1 from SCHENKER COMPACT 17 (Mid 2019) assembled into XMG PRO 17 or XMG NEO 17, I would have to decline. This is a very new panel for us and have don't have any overstock yet. It has recently been validated for XMG NEO 17, but might require different LCD cable.

My advice: now that you have a clear picture about the assembled panels, pick a laptop and go with it. After-market LCD upgrades are too messy to take into consideration. If you're not happy with the performance in Photoshop at all, you may use our 14-days-return policy.

Cheers,
XMG|Tom
Technical Support

rusm

Crystal clear info, thank you Tom!
Seems that Neo/Compact is a winner due to screen and cooling.

Just one last question: I'm from Slovakia, will your "14-days-return policy" work for me?

I read www.mysn.de/widerrufsbelehrung. I understand right, that I can unpack, initialise and test machine, and after that send it by DHL for full refund if something will be really not as expected?

Roman

XMG Community

QuoteI read www.mysn.de/widerrufsbelehrung. I understand right, that I can unpack, initialise and test machine, and after that send it by DHL for full refund if something will be really not as expected?

Correct. The 14-days-return policy is valid, no matter in which country you're located. In your case, being in the EU makes it very easy because there is no customs paperwork. In case you want to return it, you just send us an e-mail within the 14-day period and we send you an RMA number and a return DHL label.

Cheers,
XMG|Tom
Technical Support

Drake

Durch das neue Kühlsystem hatte ich eigentlich relativ viel Hoffnung auf eine dezentere Lautstärke unter last bzgl. Des Pro17  :-X

XMG Community

Im Vergleich zum Vorgänger kann die neue PRO-Serie den Turbo-Boost unter synthethischer Volllast deutlich höher ausfahren, vor allem bei der CPU. Das neue Kühlsystem schippt also vor allem Performance-Potenziale oben drauf. Die o.g. Werte sind im "Performance"-Profil gemessen - alles was geht. Im "Entertainment"-Profil läuft der Bruder ein bißchen leiser und im Gaming sowieso, keine Panik. :)

VG,
XMG|Tom
Technical Support

rusm

According to notebookcheck review of Neo 17, NV173FHM-N44 panel using PWM 1KHz in <100% brightness. Is it correct?

Unfortunately, I can't found any other reviews of this panel nowhere, and can't verify notebookcheck results. I will be very grateful for any links about this panel calibration results, colors, deltaE, PWM, etc.

XMG Community

It's the same panel, so these values are correct, yes. But 1KHz PWM is usually seen as being nothing to be concerned about. Not sure if I can give you any additional info. I usually just look at sRGB coverage and take it from there.

I uploaded the ICM profiles for all 3 displays for you:

AUO B173HAN04.0.zip
BOE NV173FHM-N44.zip
LG LP173WFG-SPB1.zip

Each ZIP contains the ICM profile and an Excel file, including all the data that is read by the software DisplayCAL from that profile. This also includes DeltaE values.

Please let us know if this answers your question and which panel you would prefer.

For curiosity's sake: what will be your use-case for this laptop? In what industry are you working in?

Cheers,
Tom
Technical Support

rusm

Hello Tom.
Many thanks, you messages was extremely informative!
This ICM profiles are very helpful to 3d-visualize color gamuts of panels. LG LP173WFG-SPB1 is a clear winner without doubts. BOE NV173FHM-N44 not bad too, but...

If I order now SCHENKER COMPACT 17 i7-9750H RTX2600 from Bestware, this LG panel will be inside, right?
If so, I defenitely want it immediatelly))

Just last question:
Will be interesting to see another parameters of LG panel, like responce time, PWM, Brightness Distribution and Backlight bleeding.  Did you made any tests?

Strange that I can't google any info about exact "LP173WFG-SPB1", even on Panelook.com don't know this one. May be because panel is so new?

I'm a photographer, so main usecase of laptop will be Photoshop and some videoprocessing. As well as some games after (or instead) that ;))

Thank you!
Roman

XMG Community

Quote from: rusm on May 16, 2019, 11:33:58If I order now SCHENKER COMPACT 17 i7-9750H RTX2600 from Bestware, this LG panel will be inside, right?

Yes!

QuoteWill be interesting to see another parameters of LG panel, like responce time, PWM, Brightness Distribution and Backlight bleeding.  Did you made any tests?

We do brightness bistribution and backlight bleeding tests but they always vary from unit to unit. We currently don't have time for Response time and PWM tests, but there are reference values in the vendor spec sheet (under NDA) which look fine to me.

QuoteStrange that I can't google any info about exact "LP173WFG-SPB1", even on Panelook.com don't know this one. May be because panel is so new?

It is indeed very new and I can double-confirm that there is no typo. It is "LP173WFG-SPB1" and it will sooner or later pop up in one of our NBC reviews.

Looking forward to see your order on Bestware and your user review!

Cheers,
XMG|Tom
Technical Support

rusm

Thank you again, Tom!

Order just placed for New Compact 17 - 9750H, I believe that new panel will meet all expectations.

Sure, I'll try to make some instrumental tests of panel and post it here.

BTW, some components (CPU, keyboard) of ordered laptop marked as "In the inflow". How it will affect delivery time?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview