News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo brings the new supercharger GeForce GTX 1650 to its IdeaPad S540 laptop

Started by Redaktion, April 29, 2019, 17:33:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo will be offering its IdeaPad S540 laptop with a new discrete graphics card option in the form of Nvidia's recently released mobile GeForce GTX 1650. It was previously expected that the S540-15IWL model would come with discrete GPU choices of either a GeForce GTX 1050 or MX250 graphics solution.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-brings-the-new-supercharger-GeForce-GTX-1650-to-its-IdeaPad-S540-laptop.419775.0.html

John Whatever Doe

very good article, informative and right to the point, thanks!

ps
unless i am missing something about gamers' psychology, why do they need the right hand numeric section of the keyboard?!? i thought this was for data entry folks in the 70s and 80s... :-) LOL

Dylan Ch'ng

The IdeaPad 330 had a GTX 1050 option but judging on the service repair guide, the cooling system looked weak. I don't this IdeaPad S540 would have a cooling system any better.

Superguy

Since it's not specifically a gaming laptop, it can be used for other tasks - like work.  I use the num pad all the time.  GFX cards can be used for much more than just gaming.

My main concern is why so stingy on the RAM.  Give it a decent graphics card, cripple the RAM.  Why?  Should have at least 16 GB IMO to really be useful for work tasks, like VMs.

romeocharliegolf

Psref website shows that only MX 250 dGPU variant will be sold in the UK. It will be combined with the 8265u. The model number is 81NE001WUK.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview