News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

LG Gram 17Z990 (i7-8565U. WQXGA) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, April 20, 2019, 08:05:46

Previous topic - Next topic

NikoB

16:10 this is the right decision! It is necessary to strengthen the case, make a normal full-size keyboard and a good matte 4k screen with high contrast and somehow deal with the low i5 / i7 performance, although of course this is a difficult engineering task with such a low weight. I hope the new 10nm processors of the Intel U series will give a sharp gap in performance at the level of no less than a full-fledged i5 8400H. And then, with a fairly robust case (especially the screen hinges, cable to the screen), many will start to buy it. Listen to these tips and you catch the luck by the tail.

NikoB

Another thing, a big request - to make 2 audio outputs for 4 pins, left and right side, they often break (with frequent removal and insertion of headphones, headsets), one will be reserved and plus the ability to quickly build on the road, 4-channel  sound on two audio outputs, Plus, optical SPDIF, so owner can connect an external portable DAC with galvanic isolation from the power supply of the laptop. It all costs a penny. Ordinary Realtek chips can do all this for over 15 years!

jimmy

I had the Gram 15 and this is a great concept for a laptop, but that glossy screen is totally useless, it's completely unusable, even inside sometimes bright lights force you to move the screen around or change your working position. Awesome idea the 16:10 ratio for productivity but doesn't make sense paired with a glossy screen, what in the world are the engineers thinking?! Why cut the keyboard when there's still estate to make it a real keyboard.

I won't be buying again any Gram laptops until they stop with this garbage screen.

hfm

Just an update to my previous post. I bought a Sonnet Breakaway Box 550 and an Asus Strix RTX 2070 OC Edition.

I'm definitely going to now call this the best laptop I've ever owned. Love it.

Joel

Love the idea of the Gram 17.  Here's how they could easily improve it.

- Ice Lake G7 / AMD 4800U (former is coming)
- matte screen
- 600+ nits
- remove the power supply port and replace with USB Type C PD.  Swap a USB Type A with a USB Type C.  Functional now and in the future with 2x Type A and 3x Type C.

I would pay full price for that laptop.  It would be fantastic.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview