News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alienware m17 (i9-8950HK, RTX 2080 Max-Q, 4K UHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, April 15, 2019, 06:55:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

23 percent thinner, 37 percent smaller, and 40 percent lighter. The Alienware m17 addresses all the size and weight complaints of the original Alienware 17 series albeit at the cost of some auxiliary features like the backlit trackpad, per-key RGB lighting, additional ports.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alienware-m17-i9-8950HK-RTX-2080-Max-Q-4K-UHD-Laptop-Review.416106.0.html

GrosseFatigue

I am not a gamer but today those laptops with a good graphic cards are more exciting than plain laptops. Same reason people buy SUVs. Therefore I am planning to buy the m17 2060 RTX. I believe it does not have MaxQ and performance is close to a RTX 2070. Question: does the M17 2060 have Optimus? Also I would have want the very capable Intel 630 on board instead of a 620. This is a disappointment.

NikoB

A complete shame for Dell, put in the Alienware series a terrible tactile keyboard from Dell G series! And at the same time there are narrow functional and narrowed digital block on the keys! Printing on such a long and blind is impossible! R & D think about it! Take a look at the competitor Omen 15 2018 - there is a great keyboard even in the junior series. All buttons are the same size and tactile, it is many times better, it's nice to type. Why is the port not Display Port not 1.4? !! Again DP port without HDR! The screen is not contrast enough for such a price. The guys at Dell stop putting slag! Put at least 1500: 1 guaranteed in the technical passport. And OLED is not needed by anyone unless it is Flicker Free! It's one thing to quickly look up mail, news, chats on AMOLED with 200Hz PWM on your smartphone, and another thing is to sit behind a flickering screen for several hours!

Paull83

Greetings!

1)I suppose this review is for old model with Cryo Tech 2.0...Is the new M series with Cryo Tech 3.0 better and quiter?Is the new M series worth the extra money in terms of cooling?Talking about i7-9750H M17

2) Is i7-9750H strong enough for future gaming?With what desktop cpu is equal in gaming performance?

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview