News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Surface Neo: Microsoft redefines the world of computers again with the Surface Neo, its foldable Windows 10X tablet

Started by Redaktion, October 02, 2019, 19:42:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Not content with just releasing newer versions of existing Surface products, Microsoft has upped its game and announced two foldable Surface devices. The larger is called the Surface Neo and features two 9-inch displays, a fold-out keyboard, a 360° hinge and is compatible with the Surface Slim Pen that docks on the rear of the device. The Surface Neo is powered by Intel's upcoming Lakefield processors and will be available from late 2020.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Surface-Neo-Microsoft-redefines-the-world-of-computers-again-with-the-Surface-Neo-its-foldable-Windows-10X-tablet.436585.0.html

Jakub

Let's be serious for a moment: who really cares about a device that would be available in a year? I don't understand their announcement policy :-\

Puppy

Lost opportunity again because of the Intel CPU. It is supposed to be ARM powered and it'd got LTE mobile connection as well.

eu

A foldable tablet, great. Almost the same a 2-in-1. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz...

And the aesthetic of the presentation... They are clearly trying to steal Apple costumers...

DavidC1

Quote from: Puppy on October 02, 2019, 20:41:27
Lost opportunity again because of the Intel CPU. It is supposed to be ARM powered and it'd got LTE mobile connection as well.

Why? I don't want emulated Windows. Lakefield will run full Windows.

Also, it has an LTE connection if you read other articles. Lakefield with 3D integration and hetereogenous compute will also allow great battery life.

S.Yu

Quote from: DavidC1 on October 03, 2019, 12:17:41

Also, it has an LTE connection if you read other articles. Lakefield with 3D integration and hetereogenous compute will also allow great battery life.
Rather a real ARM64 Windows but emulated x86, without x64.
But I'm also skeptical.

DavidC1

Quote from: S.Yu on October 03, 2019, 14:19:43
Quote from: DavidC1 on October 03, 2019, 12:17:41

Rather a real ARM64 Windows but emulated x86, without x64.
But I'm also skeptical.

Yes that's what I meant.

But the NovaGo did the same thing and ran into compatibility issues as well. It's not just about performance tanking, but actual not being able to run things.

The application itself needs to be supported. You can support few top tier applications but when a user finds out that he can't run his application or runs slowly just because of the computer he'll quickly dismiss it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview