News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Our first GeForce MX250 benchmarks are in and results are slower than some MX150 laptops

Started by Redaktion, April 01, 2019, 19:18:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Different name, same game. Laptops equipped with the GeForce MX250 are now beginning to ship to succeed the last generation MX150. However, you're better off with an MX150 laptop instead if performance-per-dollar is a major factor. Our preliminary tests show a 3 to 10 percent boost in performance on average.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Our-first-GeForce-MX250-benchmarks-are-in-and-results-are-slower-than-some-MX150-laptops.415579.0.html

anon

Not surprising given the analysis already given on notebookcheck's MX250 page.

The Thinkpad T490/T590 will have a MX250 in them, and I will be very curious to see if they at least match the performance of a Razer Blade Stealth. If so, one of them could become my new number one.

Dan Ridenhour

The T490/T590 are such a letdown to me with their lack of power bridge and other shortcomings.   With the minor performance bump on the gpu/cpu why save some bucks and go with a Tx80 series.  You could use the extra cash for an egpu.   

B

So you compared the "mx150 25watt 4gb" in the stealth to the "mx250 10watt 2gb" and found the higher power, higher memory unit produced higher benchmarks.
What did this really show?

jeremy

Quote from: Dan Ridenhour on April 02, 2019, 06:27:34
The T490/T590 are such a letdown to me with their lack of power bridge and other shortcomings.   With the minor performance bump on the gpu/cpu why save some bucks and go with a Tx80 series.  You could use the extra cash for an egpu.
I am a bit split on the poewrbridge. It's a great idea, but Lenovo's implementation (for at least the past 2 generations, when I was looking) was very lacking. The system arbitrarily chose which battery to drain first, so one could often end up with a drained internal battery and a full external battery. The user had absolutely no say in the battery order. This is completely contrary to how any logical internal/external battery combination of this sort is designed and implemented.

The best guess is the logic from the t460s (or earlier) was used for the battery control, since the t460s/t470s had 2 internal batteries.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview