News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Smartphone Camera Comparison Review: The Xiaomi Mi 9T cannot hold a candle to the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro

Started by Redaktion, August 20, 2019, 17:57:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Do not let the megapixels fool you - The Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro may look alike, but Xiaomi has equipped the devices with different hardware including rear-facing camera sensors. The two devices may both have modern Sony IMX58x sensors, but the differences between the IMX582 and IMX586 are stark. Read on to find out which device, also marketed as the Redmi K20 and K20 Pro, comes out on top in our short camera comparison review.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Smartphone-Camera-Comparison-Review-The-Xiaomi-Mi-9T-cannot-hold-a-candle-to-the-Xiaomi-Mi-9T-Pro.431164.0.html

S.Yu

This seems like intentional market segmentation by pushing firmware with different processing, of course the cheaper one intentionally crippled.

r31ya

Xiaomi did the same thing with PocoF1 where they intentionally lower the camera result so it be worse than the flagship Mi[series]

Mike Smith

If I wanted to take decent photos and videos I would buy a dedicated camera. The £150 price difference is not justified just for a better camera, especially when the shelf life of a smartphone is 1 to 2 years at most and then they'll look obsilite. Paying a fortune for flagship smartphones just for a better camera is a mugs game, especially when the scrap heap is already on the horizon.

mueslo

The first comparison picture obviously has another light source illuminating the side of the house (and tank). If nothing else, at least the bright reflex on the metal tank would be visible in the 9T shot. Instead, it looks like you're intentionally trying to mislead with shots that were made in different lighting conditions.

vgiozo

I find the title too sensationalist with regards to the actual photo results.

In two of the low-light shots indeed the 9t Pro performs slightly better, but in no way would I describe the difference in this manner.

Too short comparison as well, as if made for the sake of it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview