News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GE75 8SG Raider (i7-8750H, RTX 2080) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, March 26, 2019, 23:25:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

MSI also offers its slim GE75 Raider with the high-end GeForce RTX 2080 and does not use the Max-Q version. We check the performance and see if the upgrade is worth the money.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GE75-8SG-Raider-i7-8750H-RTX-2080-Laptop-Review.415034.0.html

Alejandro

QuoteWe recommend an adjustment of the power settings, so the HDD is turned off as quickly as possible when it is inactive.

Hi. Where do you do that? BIOS? Windows? MSI software?

Meng

There's one extra heat pipe in the 2080 model compare with the 2070 model, which makes it harder to upgrade the M.2 ssd because the screw is covered by the heat pipes. So I suggest you take a look at the inside of this machine instead of using a picture of the 2070 model. Also it comes with single channel 16g ram from manufacture instead of dual channel, which negatively affects the performance in some specific tasks.

Guil

Hi. Sorry my bad English.
How it's possible that one of the most important things was not mentioned in this review? You talk about external temperatures, but what about CPU + GPU? Thermal throttling?
Thanks. Good day

Kv8the

Anyone else have this laptop?

What processor temperatures and fan noise do you get under normal gaming load. I.e. CS:GO, PUBG, Apex Legends. (tried firestriker too)

HWMonitor gives 94-99°C on the cores during normal play.
And 62 dB fan noise.

19300 Firestrike score.

Mathieu

Thanks for the review. Any idea why the huge price difference or what RFA stands for? Can't seem to get clear answer from vendors and pending MSI.

GE75 8SG-096CA
Price (CAD): $3,499.99

GE75-8SG-096CA-RFA
Price (CAD): $2,000.99

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview