News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Xperia 1 consolidates the best of Sony technologies into a flagship smartphone

Started by Redaktion, February 25, 2019, 13:31:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony has announced its flagship Xperia 1 at MWC 2019 today. The Xperia 1 brings the best of Sony technologies across photo, film, and television, and aims to create an immersive viewing experience with its 21:9 4K OLED HDR screen. The Xperia 1 comes with 2019 flagship specifications and is expected to be available sometime late Spring.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Xperia-1-consolidates-the-best-of-Sony-technologies-into-a-flagship-smartphone.410739.0.html

sp808

Sliderpro

Yay, finally, a movement from sony xperia Z camera to galaxy s6 camera! Wow, Sony, finally!!! Congradulations!!!
In a next couple of years you will probably move to 2018 meizu 16th camera module and then you will finally be putting something not so s*** in your flagship phone!
This garbage will cost 600$ in half a year, mark my words. And Sony can kiss my back with their ip65/ip68 rating. Its ip65. And worse on practice. Sony has s*** water resistance from my experience with sony Z1 and Z3 compact and seems nothing changed, because they still go with that 65/68 marketing crap.

Sony please

SONY... Please stop putting glossy glass backs on your phone. Its neither sexy nor practical. Hire some new designers please!

Freezer

Quote from: S.Yu on February 25, 2019, 16:43:05
RAW noise reduction...? Sounds fishy...

Apparently, on Xperia 1 the camera software applies noise reduction directly on RAW file from the sensor rather than on compressed jpeg files for more efficient noise reduction. In other words, they have been applying post processing on the image AFTER the compression, not BEFORE like what every other company does. This is purely idiotic and I'm glad that Sony finally stopped doing that.

S.Yu

Quote from: Freezer on February 26, 2019, 07:52:10
Quote from: S.Yu on February 25, 2019, 16:43:05
RAW noise reduction...? Sounds fishy...

Apparently, on Xperia 1 the camera software applies noise reduction directly on RAW file from the sensor rather than on compressed jpeg files for more efficient noise reduction. In other words, they have been applying post processing on the image AFTER the compression, not BEFORE like what every other company does. This is purely idiotic and I'm glad that Sony finally stopped doing that.
...no wonder......We'll just have to see how much Sony catches up this time, their last flagship's solution only outputted superior JPG *sometimes* under *certain* low light conditions.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview