News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Elephone A5 Smartphone Review

Started by Redaktion, January 29, 2019, 05:32:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A defining Apple feature can now be found on an Android smartphone for a fraction of the price. Can this budget off-brand device really offer a flagship experience?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Elephone-A5-Smartphone-Review.394736.0.html

Leonardo22

Hi. You said yourself what is the catch. First is the ghosting that generally disrupts a lot of the user experience; it's undeniable that it breaks the perception of the good operation of a phone. However I still don't understand that in some reviews you say that a certain phone has a fast touchscreen or something like that when the total time of black to white is sensibly bigger than this phone, for which you say there's noticeable ghosting. Second it's fast but you say it can't run games smoothly at 60 fps while some phones like the xa2 wich has an inferior soc can run some games at 30 or 60 fps or close to that lines most of the time. In this sense the nokia 7.1 should be the best experience for consistent and high framerates in all games, judging by the results in the phone's xda review (stable 30 fps on PUBG). Worst of all is the skipped frames when switching between applications that honestly i don't find to be so common on mainstream phones expecially considered the chipset this one has. You can go back and forth while multitasking in some phones that have a lower tier chipset like i think the k10 2017 and wiko view pro or many others, but you don't see that behaviour due to the optimizations of android (at least i don't remember it to be so noticeable) . And you experienced the phone for a time that is a fraction of the time the final user will spend with the phone so it has to be seen how much frequent and big are these drops. It has also to be seen the management of app blacklisting, that could cut the notification of some apps you frequently use, and the app crash frequency. Lastly it has to be imported. Overall i like the aestethics and the package and actually the ui as well as the potential performance but those doubts remain.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview