News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell resolves the XPS 15 9570 NVIDIA GPU issue with BIOS 1.7

Started by Redaktion, January 17, 2019, 17:03:10

Previous topic - Next topic

mkdr

@J-D This could have multiple reasons, but there was a guy on the forums, whos 9570 showed the same issue, even after Windows clean install. You should ask Dell to send you a new unit. It is not normal.

J-D

Thanks @mkdr, I finally get Dell to accept this as a problem, a technician should come in the next days at my work place. I hope he will bring with him a new laptop, because my patience has run out.

JK

I didn't expect that soft as bios for 9570 was so fckd up and problems with wifi, audio and sleep are on the top tier Dell laptop. And support says they're not aware of these things. :D 

mkdr

BUMP. I dont want to be stuck with bios 1.6.0. This fan issue is not acceptable. https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/akngpy/incompetent_dell_devs_answer_to_bios_170_fan/

mkdr

Latest update on the fan issues since 1.7.0 with the dGPU polls.

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/...n-Idle-dGPU/m-p/7277659/highlight/true#M26974

"We had escalated this to the product team & we were not able to replicate the issue anywhere. Since the issue you have is that there is a fan blast every few seconds (which is not loud) & is not affecting the performance.

If you still observe the issue, we can have the system picked up for service & ensure that this is resolved at the earliest."

This is not acceptable! Dell lying as usual!!

Daniel B

Great feedback from people. Someone ought to tell Dell that they've just lost another potential customer. Why would I want to buy a product that doesn't work.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview