News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple cuts iPhone 8 and XR prices in China by 20 percent

Started by Redaktion, January 14, 2019, 09:12:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Although Apple has recently asked its suppliers to cut the iPhone production by 10 percent in the second quarter, it looks like the brand's handsets are not doing well in China. In an unprecedented move, Apple authorized mid-cycle price cuts that go as high as 22 percent for the iPhone 8 and 20 percent for the iPhone 8 Plus handsets on JD.com.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-cuts-iPhone-8-and-XR-prices-in-China-by-20-percent.394146.0.html

Codrut Nistor

Why do you say that? I must admit that I always thought that Apple's interfaces were more about ease of use than efficiency - some might call this "made for stupid people" but I wouldn't go that far, but some of the brand's devices were excellent. I am thinking about the old iPods, the ones with HDD, many of which were modded with SSDs and can be found on eBay for rather obscene prices nowadays...

Drew Guttadore

I think iPhones are more of an appliance than a computer. iPhones do 90% of what an Android does, consistently, correctly and easily.  That's what most folks need. I've always hated the ringtones though :-)
If you want a computer in your pocket you go for Android, if you live in developing country, its the ONLY thing you have, no desktop, no laptop, no tablet so you go for a big screen Android to exploit the most you can do.
The prices for iPhones and Android (Top of the line) have become ridiculous compared to the new functionality, no one really cares about FaceID or the notch, or most of the other stuff in these articles.  They want something that does what they need everyday.  So why spend tons of money on something that is .001 % better than what they have today?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview