News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

It costs up to $649 to repair a bent iPad Pro

Started by Redaktion, January 03, 2019, 09:26:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple is putting its customer's nerves to the test. After recently confirming that some of its Ipad Pro devices do indeed have a bend that occurred during the manufacturing process, information about the total repair costs have now been released.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/It-costs-up-to-649-to-repair-a-bent-iPad-Pro.390421.0.html

Major oversight of course, is buying into the hypocrisy that Apple is a premium brand in the first place, considering their notorious track record that stretches back decades.

If you buy Apple's or any of their affiliated products expecting a reasonable standard of durability, serviceability, reparability or monetary value, then you are a fool and Apple thanks you for your service.

2ndIINone

Quote from: Pereira on January 03, 2019, 13:56:36
Major oversight of course, is buying into the hypocrisy that Apple is a premium brand in the first place, considering their notorious track record that stretches back decades.

If you buy Apple's or any of their affiliated products expecting a reasonable standard of durability, serviceability, reparability or monetary value, then you are a fool and Apple thanks you for your service.

Good lord! We get it. You don't like Apple products. Guess what? Millions of us do like and enjoy Apple products.

I've been using Apple products since 2010, buying new iPhones almost every year, as well as the same with iPads since the first iPad Air. I have had close to zero hardware problems with any of the well over a dozen products I've purchased.

The iPad is hand down, the best tablet on earth. Period! I've used tablets from both Google and Samsung and even with against an OLED display by Samsung, the newer (iPad Pros from the 1st gen to now), are simply the best pure tablets made.

This issue with the new iPad Pro is something very serious and troubling, and Apple does not seem to be handling it very well. Mine, however, is not bent. If it were, I would be upset and demand a replacement or return it.

While you're busy running your mouth off for your hate of Apple, millions of us are enjoying our devices. FYI: No! I am not a "fanboy" or "sheep." I used a Macbook Pro for a few months but decided the OS was not for me and so I went back to Windows. However, the Macbook is and has always been a very well built machine. Period! I have both a Dell XPS 15 9570 and a Huawei Matebook X Pro, which are both great but again, Macbook Pro build quality, is hard to beat. Yes, I am aware of keyboard issues of the last gen MBP. Every manufacture sooner or later has issues and said issues, are not the total sum of the devices and model history.

I love Windows and I wish more PC makers would build better looking and higher quality laptops like Apple has done over the years. You will never meet a buyer pickier than I am. I have returned over a dozen Windows laptops to Best Buy due to scratches, imperfections, noises and other issues. Other people have had many issues with the king of the Windows hill Dell XPS 15 line. I got lucky twice in that my first XPS, the 9550, had no issues and my current one, also has no issues, which is a lot like the experience I had with Macbooks.

Tyson Merten

Quote from: 2ndIINone on January 05, 2019, 02:12:10

Good lord! We get it. You don't like Apple products. Guess what? Millions of us do like and enjoy Apple products.

I've been using Apple products since 2010, buying new iPhones almost every year, as well as the same with iPads since the first iPad Air. I have had close to zero hardware problems with any of the well over a dozen products I've purchased.

The iPad is hand down, the best tablet on earth. Period! I've used tablets from both Google and Samsung and even with against an OLED display by Samsung, the newer (iPad Pros from the 1st gen to now), are simply the best pure tablets made.

This issue with the new iPad Pro is something very serious and troubling, and Apple does not seem to be handling it very well. Mine, however, is not bent. If it were, I would be upset and demand a replacement or return it.

While you're busy running your mouth off for your hate of Apple, millions of us are enjoying our devices. FYI: No! I am not a "fanboy" or "sheep." I used a Macbook Pro for a few months but decided the OS was not for me and so I went back to Windows. However, the Macbook is and has always been a very well built machine. Period! I have both a Dell XPS 15 9570 and a Huawei Matebook X Pro, which are both great but again, Macbook Pro build quality, is hard to beat. Yes, I am aware of keyboard issues of the last gen MBP. Every manufacture sooner or later has issues and said issues, are not the total sum of the devices and model history.

I love Windows and I wish more PC makers would build better looking and higher quality laptops like Apple has done over the years. You will never meet a buyer pickier than I am. I have returned over a dozen Windows laptops to Best Buy due to scratches, imperfections, noises and other issues. Other people have had many issues with the king of the Windows hill Dell XPS 15 line. I got lucky twice in that my first XPS, the 9550, had no issues and my current one, also has no issues, which is a lot like the experience I had with Macbooks.

You are a Fanboy, and most definitely and Apple Sheep.

Lol, what makes you think you aren't? That's what I want to know.

Tyson Merten

Quote from: sticky on January 05, 2019, 02:42:24
@2ndIINone

We get it, you work for Apple.

Lol, right?

Hold on though, you're being to harsh. Remember, he's not a Fanboy.

Lol.

2ndIINone

Quote from: Tyson Merten on January 05, 2019, 02:45:54

Work for Apple? Really, that's the best you can do? Homeboy, subterfuge, really isn't serving you well.

2ndIINone

Quote from: Tyson Merten on January 05, 2019, 02:47:59
Quote from: sticky on January 05, 2019, 02:42:24
@2ndIINone

We get it, you work for Apple.

Lol, right?

Hold on though, you're being to harsh. Remember, he's not a Fanboy.

Lol.

Short bus, rather than assuming your weak attempt at insults and subterfuge are going to accomplish something meaningful, why don't you try to actually respond to the points I made?!

I'm a Windows ultrabook user, I have posts all over the web and YouTube about my love of Windows ultrabooks. Skip the drama, and get to your counter.

2ndIINone

Quote from: 2ndIINone on January 05, 2019, 02:52:11
Quote from: Tyson Merten on January 05, 2019, 02:45:54

Work for Apple? Really, that's the best you can do? Homeboy, subterfuge, really isn't serving you well.

Woah nelly! To assume that there were grown men around here appears to have been a mistake on my part. Seriously now, if you disagree with statements, why not counter said statements rather than focusing on the author, as if you know me?!

I stand by everything I posted and can back up everything I stated. If you can't offer a counter to my claims, then do yourself a favor by putting down the keyboard and letting the little mouse go. Then proceed to ask someone, anyone who may care about you, for a great big hug. It's all going to be okay.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview