News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920X (12 cores, 24 threads)

Started by Redaktion, December 12, 2018, 22:34:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920X is the more affordable model of AMD's latest Threadripper generation. At $649 it is priced similarly to Intel's Core i9-9900K. Find out in our extensive review which one of these two is the better deal, and whether or not the "cheap" Threadripper can be a threat for its bigger and more powerful brother.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-2920X-12-cores-24-threads.376601.0.html

ashlol

I don't really see why you recommend this AMD over the intel 9900K as the intel does everything better than the 2920X use less power and is cheaper where's the catch ?
Only 8 cores ? I don't see the problem since they are performing better than 12.

Konstantinos

This review is completely irrelevant because it is comparing a zen+ CPU which is one year old design with the just released i9, especially if you consider that in one month AMD is releasing the zen-2 CPUs up to 16 cores that they will completely destroy the i9 and will be cheaper!

To be fair you should have compared the zen+ with an older i7-i9 X-series but then again who cares since in one month you'll get so much better zen-2 CPUs

hsarofl

To ashlol. One word: workloads. It's not meant for gamers. The gamers among the sane two thirds of the AMD fanbase don't actually propagate Threadrippers as gaming beasts (and at this moment they're not unless you disable some cores). Fans admire them as a technological achievement for AMD and an affordable workhorse for manycore-optimised workloads.

ED

Silly review comparing a 12 core CPU on single core activities and leaving out multitasking comparison graphs. For single core activities one buys Ryzens. Is this bias due to Notebookcheck or to the specific reviewer?

hsarofl

To ED.
We should be happy that we've had a review at all. Very few test resources care enough to test AMD stuff properly. Same goes to motherboard and laptop manufacturers. Intel platform? OK, this is our new state of the art design with many phases/good heatsinks/well thought out cooling. AMD platform? Here you are, we just quickly arranged some phases/heatpipes in random order/1 RAM slot/a TN panel. "Fanboys" will swallow it anyway.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview