News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell G16 7620 laptop review: Thick build for fast performance

Started by Redaktion, October 19, 2022, 00:15:03

Previous topic - Next topic

NikoB

Increasing the weight of "game" models to a minimum of 3-3.5kg. All the same, they are most often dragged from room to room, and the weight in this case is not important, even taking into account the 1 kg power supply. Is it possible to deceive the laws of nature without significant progress in fundamental sciences and technologies? Miracles don't happen. Or noise or speed, if fundamentally and technologically, the IT industry has long reached an energy and noise impasse.

The problem is that it is impossible on the market (by analogy with the "Flicker Free" nameplate on monitors, but rarely for laptop screens - usually only Lenovo writes this in some series, while in others it still keeps silent about it) models to find a laptop with case it is written - we guarantee the noise level no more than 32dBA in the game in the maximum performance profile (for example). Or something similar.

Have you noticed that only NVidia has required manufacturers to explicitly state the TDP of their chips when implemented in laptops and discrete cards? But AMD ignored this initiative, as a result, if a laptop with AMD - TDP from the same Lenovo (for example, as the best company in terms of detailed specifications in the world, HP / Dell lose here cleanly) is not indicated, unlike models with a chip from NVidia .

And AMD / Intel also do not force all manufacturers to EXPLICITLY indicate the level in the datasheets PL1 / PL2. And none of the manufacturers explicitly indicate these key levels. They calmly sell you a pig in a poke. Most Chinese (Taiwan, not to mention the real mainland Huawei) manufacturers (Acer / MSI / Asus / Gigabyte) do not even bother to specify the exact speed specifications of usb ports and the allowable output power for power supply for them for external devices and its receipt from the outside.

And if you remember the natural fraud with HDMI / DP ports? Where can you safely (from the stupid submission of the HDMI consortium) stick an HDMI 2.1 nameplate and at the same time really implement only 2.0b over the real bandwidth, even with incomplete support, for example, VRR.

Or how they proudly stuck up the DP2.0 nameplate on Zen4, but this is not a real DP2.0. only UHBR10 mode is implemented there (in total it turns out even worse than the full and older HDMI 2.1), and not UHBR20. But the majority of illiterate inhabitants will not even notice this, they will buy into the marketing slogan - "support for DP2.0".

Thus, a vast field is created for marketers to manipulate and pure fraud with batches of the same model ...

LinuxGamer

I love that Dell went for a bit thicker chassis! 27mm is the sweet spot in terms of still good portability and cooling.

I like the rather thicker fans although I was astonished by the insane amount of fan blades. Do they even offer enough space for incoming air to be sucked in?

What I also like on the G16 is that they shifted the keyboard a bit downwards to drill ventilation holes above it for the fans to better suck in air.

While the internal temperatures are higher than I feel comfortable with, the fan noise of 45 db in balanced mode is the nearly perfect sweet spot of bearable noise and still good cooling. Temperatures and TDP / TGP in balanced mode would have been appreciated!

What I dislike is the flipped motherboard making repasting nearly impossible.

bunter

Hi guys the 5521 special edition is a better bet, its basically a full alien ware M15 but the later variants has the full 140w GPU and full PL 115W. My first unit had an overheating motherboard replacement is perfect and very fast GPU scores 22,000 on pass mark 10.2 CPU scores 30500-32000 in bench tests.

Dell ships the 5521 gen 3 mostly Samsung drives in later versions but only scores 19000 changed straight away for 2tb Kingston KC3000 scores 57,000 NOW changed to the faster fury scores 60,000 fastest drive on market also changed the 4800 MHz memory that was scoring 3100 2x8 gb for the new crucial 5600 it still runs at 4800 but is much faster as it has more 4800 headroom

Biggest winner over the 16 though is the screen has the 240hz version that is simply one of the best screens out there despite it only being a 15.6 plus its 600 quid cheaper to buy refurbished and yes I don't like dell the company but their gaming products are the best for power delivery very few can match.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview