News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Strix Scar II GL704GM (i7-8750H, GTX 1060) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, November 03, 2018, 09:32:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The GL704GM carries the same CPU and GPU as the last generation GL703GM. So, what makes this new iteration so special? For one, it carries the narrowest bezels for a 17-inch gaming laptop at just over 7 mm on all three sides. The design will become a standard that future laptops will want to beat.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Strix-Scar-II-GL704GM-i7-8750H-GTX-1060-Laptop-Review.346966.0.html

Jam

It's a good thing that Asus is starting to launch 17" narrow bezels laptop.
MSI is going to launch his GE75 (same narrow bezels but with a GTX 1070) the next week and I hope that Gigabyte will soon launch the same kind of product but with a big battery like his Aero 15X

Baze

are you planning to review the  "Zephyrus-s-gx531gs" ?
world thinnest 1070 max-q with its  interesting thermal solution?

william blake

1. narrow bezels? sounds good but this thing is not a rocket science. not a premium. also how about bottom bezel? wtf is that?this thing look like s***. and all media and consumers eat this s*** for years without questions.
2. im 44yo. can you please give me just a 17 inch laptop, without stupid name, stupid logo, stupid red lights and stupid grills? thank you.

Gryffon

Closely follow the trends in the market of laptops. It feels like Asus doesn't want to bring its laptops to perfection. The cooling system can not catch up with solutions from MSI 2 years ago. Increasing the efficiency of the heat sink will reduce the speed of the coolers, respectively, noise, increase comfort. On the other hand, MSI can not put a good and fast IPS panel for GE/GP series.

Jesse

Oh so close on the keyboard, but Asus blows it again.

I guess their 'research' told them people must really want a double wide 'ctrl' key on the right side instead of a double wide 'industry standard' zero key for the numpad.

Come on Asus!  If you aren't going to install a proper shaped numpad with standard sized, meaning the size people who actually use numpads are used to using, then JUST DON'T BOTHER installing one at all.   The rest of us would much rather have a centered keyboard.

Otherwise, nice product.

Cardinal Tetra

Hi,

Why does 1060 run below 1700ish clockspeed even at only 70ish C temps?
I'm plugged in when playing, my power settings are at best performance.

This is very frustrating for me when playing games, I have around 90-130 fps, then drops to 30-40fps every few seconds.

Please help!

John Smith

Cinebench of 1050, being lower than 1150 of the 15 inch GL504GM, is somewhat weird. Does it really thermal throttle more than its smaller sized counterpart, having the same specs?

LappyLuke

Hello!
I have a question about the used display (B173HAN04.0 IPS panel from AU Optronics) and Backlight Bleeding.

In the review you said that the backlight bleeding was minimal.

Bought the Clevo PB71EF-G which has exactly this panel and did a Backlight-Bleeding-Test.

Here are the results/pictures, can you tell me if I had bad luck with the display?
[no link allowed for new users, see attachment please]

David G.

Hola, quiero saber si es posible colocarle memorias RAM de 3200Mhz y si estaría utilizando esa velocidad o solo los 2666 Mhz?' gracias!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview