News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alienware m15 with i5 and GTX 1060 coming in about two months

Started by Redaktion, November 02, 2018, 10:33:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Since some think that an Intel Core i5 processor would be enough for their new gaming notebook, it seems that Alienware's latest machine will soon get new hardware options. Frank Azor has just confirmed that an i5+ GeForce GTX 1060 configuration for the Alienware m15 should arrive in about two months.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alienware-m15-with-i5-and-GTX-1060-coming-in-about-two-months.355001.0.html

Will

I'm interested in a m17' revision/ version with new 2080 .. slim is isn't my prority
Although never liked the pretuding fan vents from r4/5

Codrut Nistor

We will probably find out more about that in a month or so. For now, it seems that NVIDIA doesn't let anyone talk about possible 2080 mobile products - most likely because the release date is probably not set in stone yet.

Wahaab

Will the laptop come with starting nvme ssd of 512 gb in EU (in my case Germany)  like in the US dell website? Right now the starting ssd if 256gb which is really crap!

madman777

when can we expect a review from notebookchat on 4k alienware m15 thermals and screen quality.. i am planing to get one during BF deals or something.. i hope it does not have thermal issues like XPS 15..please review it soon...thanks.. one more question when they will provide vapor chamber cooling in m15..

Joseph

Count me in as one considering the i5 and gtx 1060 configuration.  I am curious what the prices will look like vs the Dell G7 with similar specs.  Will wait and see.  Hoping for good thermals and battery life :)

Vance

Inspiron Gaming and Alienware both belong to Dell that would try to avoid price competition. I'd be surprised if the i5 m15 is priced under $1,700 for the same chassis hardware as the regular model. Downgrading chipset and motherboard is cheap because of pre-orders and bulk buy deals but battery prices increase almost linearly due to an oligopoly on raw ores. That and the extra cost of making custom board and cooling solution that could comfortably fit into the more compact space above a large battery. Thus the 90 Wh lithium-ion battery is more expensive than anything in these laptops.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview