News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Aspire 3 A315-41 (Ryzen 3 2200U, Vega 3, SSD, FHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, June 01, 2018, 15:16:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Simple office notebook. Acer's 15.6-inch laptop scores some major points with its hardware combination of a powerful Ryzen 3 2200U APU, a fast SSD and 8 GB of dual-channel RAM. However, the screen and thermal performance disappoint.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-3-A315-41-Ryzen-3-2200U-Vega-3-SSD-FHD-Laptop-Review.306442.0.html

Kian

Please check the GPU and the memory clock speeds while testing out games. I've seen this youtuber(Techepiphany) benchmarking this laptop. The numbers he has shown suggests that the clock speeds never reach the one's specified at AMD's website. Please investigate. Love u all.

Jimster480

Someone on Amazon suggested that the reason for the low clockspeeds on battery power is due to the lack of voltage required for higher clocks. Supposedly this is a 2 cell laptop which is only 7.4V and you need 11V to reach full speeds.

You should also check into the ram speeds as others have suggested....
Additionally the scores that were compared vs laptops with other chips... I can tell you I just benchmarked my dads Dell 7375 Ryzen 5 2500U and it beats my XPS13 with i7 6560U in basically everything other than single thread (misses R15 Cinebench by 13pts).

DeepskyScorpion

The short summary said disappointing thermal performance, but the results suggest that it it more than sufficient. Shouldn't it be "noisy fans", or "disappointing thermal system acoustic performance"?

A5kHat

The processor is soldered or there is a processor socket, whether it is possible to change the processor in the future?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview