News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 laptop review: Eye-catcher

Started by Redaktion, February 02, 2021, 18:20:23

Previous topic - Next topic

S.Yu

Quote from: Dorby on February 08, 2021, 01:20:53
@S. Yu:
"80% ARGB means it's one of the worst OLEDs on the market"

To be clear, this is the same 2020 Samsung OLED panel being used on every high-end laptop like XPS 15, X1 Extreme, etc. OLED has slight color accuracy shifting when changing brightness, so 80% ARGB is not really a fixed value.
HP also has 2 other non-touch screens that can be "better", depending on what you need, but I mostly wanted touch,
- 4K UHD "DreamColor" 600nit 100% ARGB Matte IPS
- 2K FHD "SureView" 1000nit 70% ARGB Matte IPS

I have yet to see a better touchscreen than this on a high-end performance laptop. So if you find a Ryzen 5000H + RTX 3000 laptop with a better screen, then please, do let me know :)

Zephyrus Duo 15 SE looks very appealing, and almost 2x$ as laptops of similar specs. Good for you if you can afford one.
I haven't been keeping close track but IIRC the second worst I've seen was 85% and the rest are >88%, I have no impression of the size or other specs though.
The review for the Duo is out and a guy noted the 3080 underperforming compared to the Blade 17 while drawing similar wattage so it's not a cooling issue, so there's more digging to do.

phakim

Is this laptop capable of g-sync when using an external display (via USB-C DisplayPort alt mode)?

phakim

Were the GPU tests (timespy, gaming benchmarks) performed on the internal display or on an external monitor? It seems optimus limits performance when using the notebook display.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview