News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Spectre 13 x360 refresh adds Whiskey Lake CPUs and a new design twist

Started by Redaktion, October 23, 2018, 22:00:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new model will be 0.9 mm thicker than the previous generation with the promise of improved cooling, longer battery life, and reduced throttling for a 13 percent increase in 3DMark 11 performance. A new design inspired by professionally cut gems puts the charging port at a unique 45-degree angle on the rear corner of the chassis.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Spectre-13-x360-refresh-adds-Whiskey-Lake-CPUs-and-a-new-design-twist.338614.0.html

anon

I love this angled port idea! It would definitely help for plugging in a second monitor to sit next to the laptop.

The closer to the front of the laptop the type-C ports are, the more difficult it is to manage the cable, even with a 90 degree connector.

Very glad to see the type-A connector still there, too.

tanguy64

Nice and attractive design for new spectre 13. Anyway i'm wondering about real brightness. I have seen 400 nits. I have also seen 650 nits . Does the high brightness exactlly the same on fhd and qhd .? The brightness was really a dark problem for early spectre. . I hope HP have done the job we are waiting about that.
Sincerely  , on the paper, new spectre seems to be fantastic ;;;

Vance

@tanguy64:

Spectres have screens around 300 nits of brightness.

It appears HP reserves its more premium offerings for their business line as Lenovo does with Thinkpad X1 and P series.

HP's Elitebooks  and ZBooks provide FHD screens of 500-700 nits and 4k UHD screens of 400 and 600 nits (DreamColor). These are laptops with some of the best screens in the market but also far more expensive as a result. Other aspects including build quality, keyboard, touchpad, ports, reliability and service are an upgrade from the Spectre as well.

Jeffrey Perren

Any informed guesses on when the new 2019 models with a 10th gen CPU will be released, or at least announced?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview