News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad A485 (Ryzen 5 Pro) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, September 26, 2018, 22:36:32

Previous topic - Next topic

ED

This review seems biased because it compares the AMD version with an Intel counterpart having discrete graphics, larger battery and higher price. Please review all comparison statements.

Tomas Svitil

Why are you comparing the A485 to the T480 which is twice as expensive? If anything you should've chosen a lower class series like the L480 ...

Andrej Kalousek

Quote from: Tomas Svitil on February 02, 2019, 12:14:12
Why are you comparing the A485 to the T480 which is twice as expensive? If anything you should've chosen a lower class series like the L480 ...

Because it ain't. 20% at most. Please do your homework before spewing BS, thanks. The comparison of A485 to T480 is valid and helpful.

biased review

Sorry, I have to block your website from our company firewall. Your reviews are paid by intel, or your are just intel fan boys. You should compare this AMD laptop to i5 similar priced Intel laptop. Then you see much more benefits for AMD. But okey, good bye, forever.

RaidenII

Wow...why are you reviewing an AMD Ryzen 5 2500 Pro against Intel i7 CPUs and comparing with dedicated graphics cards?

You should be reviewing like for like, AMD Ryzen 5 2500 Pro against Intel i5-8250U , and comparing the integrated graphics AMD Radeon Vega 8 against Intel UHD Graphics 620.

Such a bias review.

Fyi, I just recommended to my sister to get the A485. Specs as follows: Ryzen 5 2500U Pro / Win 10 Home / 8Gb Ram / 512Gb NVME SSD / Camera with the Shutter / Finger Print Reader / Backlight Keyboard / 65W power adapter / Built-in battery with 72WH external battery / 3 yr Warranty. Price : SGD$1000.03

Now to get the T480 with the same specifications above, using the Intel i5-8250U as the processor to choose, the sticker price is SGD$2043.22!!!!! Double the price!

Man...any logical person would choose the to buy the A485 AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Pro . That is a no brainer. That extra 72Wh battery will give enough juice.

Please compare Apples to Apples in future. Thank You!

RaidenII

Dorman

You should make a new test, comparing A485 with T480 with hyperthreading turned off (zombie load countermeasure).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview