News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

A thinner Dell XPS 15 notebook could arrive in 2019

Started by Redaktion, September 14, 2018, 18:21:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

@Steve Johnson
For the requirements you specified, you are not part of the market share the XPS turns to.
Since you have no problem with weight just go for a 6-7 pounds Alienware or any other PC alternative. You'll get almost a perfect answer to your need.

I'll say it again in case someone here missed it - THE XPS IS A LIGHTWEIGHT NOTEBOOK!
And as such it has several inherit drawbacks, such as limited cooling and occasional throttling.
If you can not accept those limitations, you either need to look for a different laptop or wake up and adjust your needs.

No laptop on Earth can be strong, cool, quiet, light and still be priced reasonably. It's simply not physical.

olee22

I hope they offer better pasting on the XPS 15 in the future, it's a shame that one has to do it by hand, and add undervolting, to reach the full potential of that machine... if they make it even thinner, it must have some new type of colling solution, because the more of the same old won't help much.

KapiksBrother

f***. What do we need a thinner laptop for? As if it is not thin enough already...
What about addressing real issues - like thermal management and drivers?
Seriously - thermal system in these laptops is already at its limit.
The solution? Let's make them thinner. WTF laptop manufacturers????

Vance

Would be excellent if Dell can offer them without the dGPU at a lower starting price maybe around $700. Cheap, decent H-CPU + iGPU laptops that don't waste valuable r&d on being as thin as paper would be quite a popular market I imagine.

olee22

Quote from: KapiksBrother on September 17, 2018, 11:10:47
f***. What do we need a thinner laptop for? As if it is not thin enough already...
What about addressing real issues - like thermal management and drivers?
Seriously - thermal system in these laptops is already at its limit.
The solution? Let's make them thinner. WTF laptop manufacturers????

Totally agree. I really don't care if it is thinner or not. Actaully, the alternative that I consider to the XPS 15 is a Lenovo P52, and so I totally don't care about the thickness.

okwei2000

I dont care if it's going to be thinker, i'm totally ok with the current size, but I like a better keyboard and normal webcam. oh, please add an extra usb-c port.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview