News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E-2176M, Quadro P2000) Workstation Review

Started by Redaktion, September 03, 2018, 22:43:26

Previous topic - Next topic

ZyonTarkowski

Just want to mention. Above all the glorious specifications, they have very good warranty on-site service:-D. In 9 months, I have already 3rd motherboard replacing due to hardware faults. First was gpu, 2nd was realtek audio, tomorrow they are going to fix usb3 charging (very much discussed on dell forum) with tb16 docking station (which is also vary bad and noisy). I never saw blue screen in last 10 years but with 5530 it is very common. Realtek audio drivers are so buggy that i have to be avare to not let win 10 to download update, there is only one that works from far past. Also really stupid and annoing Maxx audio. I cannot upgrade quadro driver from dell support anymore via product ID because its telling me it is not compatiple with my ID. Should I continue? I am about to give it back now! Before that, i had two hp worksattions without any problem, never. They were just noisy and heavy. Than I was recommended by colleages to go for dell. Never again. Hp are heavier/noisier but reliable. No dell. Not anymore!

Adam Davies

Dell Precision 5530 User

Dell Precision 5530 has RAM compatibility issue. Not all RAM modules as described in DELL specification Guide are compatible for this laptop.

Boot fail after RAM Upgrade. No solution from the customer service.

Rob Dax

I am the owner of one of these laptop since the end of 2019. They are really bad.
They tend to freeze while using Webex for example, for sure they do not manage well the GPU request for such videoconference systems,
But most of all they are small ovens. Their temperature, despite what you say in the review, reach unmanageable levels with the hands became very hot. UNUSABLE without an external keyboard.
Again, the fan noise is terrible.
DO NOT BUY this product.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview