News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (i7, P1000, FHD) Workstation Review

Started by Redaktion, August 16, 2018, 00:53:30

Previous topic - Next topic

MeCo

Kinda old review but my new laptop.

This sucker instantly thermal throttles with intel processor diagnostic tool test. Also seeing power throttling. In conclusion anything using full CPU load will do that. Some comment said it is not throttling but throttling it is. If an intel processor cannot sustain it's maximum turbo and hits 100C (97C) it is thermal throttling. Simple! Just run hwinfo64 and you will see it in the sensor readout clearly. I think I also see power throttling. This is like having a powerfull sportscar with a brick under the gas pedal to limit the power. What is the point of this kind of PC?

Benjamin Herzig

These Intel processors are not made to run with their maximum turbo clock indefinitely, because when they reach these clock rates, their power consumption is far above their normal TDP of 45 W. It is a trick that Intel uses to reach a higher boost performance. Still, its not real throttling, as long as the processor keeps its power consumption above 45 W and its clock rate above base-clock.

oneandmillionvoices

I know it is a long time since the review was made, but this laptop does not deserve the rating.
The keyboard is dreadful. Original P50 keyboard was brilliant this is nothing like that. Its shorter and keys are way too hard. You need to hit them hard. Totally uncomfortable.
Unless you go for the top end display HD IPS is only average.
If you are a Linux user be prepared for constant problems with graphic card. Even proprietary Nvidia drivers do not work properly.
The fan is noisy and kicks in with a sudden blast like there is a small explosion inside.
Yes, it's fast, but Lenovo has nothing to do with it besides soldering in 6 core i7.
The day I get rid of it I will open a bottle.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview