News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple MacBook Pro 15 2018 (2.6 GHz, 560X) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, July 20, 2018, 11:40:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple finally ships the MacBook Pro 15 with the new Intel processors. They feature 6 cores and should increase the multi-core performance significantly. At least in theory, because a comparison with the predecessor shows that the advantage is not always that big.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-15-2018-2-6-GHz-560X-Laptop-Review.317358.0.html

Qijia Cheng

That is a big design flaw from Apple. I would rather have a thicker chassis.

Onder

Maybe Apple understands this time their "always thinner and lighter" habit is just useless.. All those keyboard and throttling issues happened because of trying to make the new model 200g lighter and 3mm thinner...
Intel is also absolute liar about tdp values.

Jeannot

Thanks for the in-depth review, as always.

Do you plan on doing the same for the 2.2Ghz i7 model? I'm curious of the differences in temperatures and throttling with this one.

Rakesh Malik

Quote from: Onder on July 20, 2018, 13:17:54
Intel is also absolute liar about tdp values.

That's not true at all. Intel provides power and thermal specs that are measured and accurate, it's up to the manufacturer to provide the cooling solution.

It gives the manufacturers a way to differentiate themselves, too; a better cooling solution will lead to a faster system using the same processor, especially using an unlocked i9.

The question is, why did Apple bother, since it's obvious that the cooling solution isn't even close to adequate?

law

Quote from: Rakesh Malik on July 20, 2018, 17:53:14
The question is, why did Apple bother, since it's obvious that the cooling solution isn't even close to adequate?
For marketing purposes. Not all apple buyer are smart careful buyer, some of them just jumping the hype train. Those people are the reason why they dare to put the i9.

Andreas Osthoff

@Jeannot: We will try to review the entry-level MBP 15 as soon as possible, but it might take another 1-2 weeks.

heraldo_jones

Try to use the app Macs Fan Control to set the fans at full speed before doing the Cinebench tests. Also there is an app called Turbo Boost Switcher which disables turbo boost, with a base frequency of 2.6ghz it should perform amazing.

James J

Will you be updating the review and benchmarks following the supplemental update released by Apple yesterday?

Also, I'd love to see the graphics performance of the 560x. There doesn't seem to be any benchmarks out yet.

DavidMc

If Apple only would understand that "Form Follows Function" none of the issues with cooling and battery draining, or even glossy displays and crap keyboard would really exists.

Neil Bhisma

The information that you mentioned in your Blog is really helpful information about Apple MacBook Pro 15 2018 (2.6 GHz, 560X) Laptop.I like the way of explanation, it is so easy & understable.Keep sharing.

John_Smith123

Are you guys dead? Where are updates after patch, rpm of fans? Ideally, you'd compare different models and figure out how much noise and fan does 560x generate in comparison to 555x, etc. Practically impossible to find such info on the net. And with Apple's return policy and you basing your business on reviews, you could have done everything properly...

Archuk

Guys? Sorry for being rude, but WTF happened to this review?

Are you going to finish it before 2019?

Would you mind addressing the Kernel Panic / Crackling speakers issues, in case you had any? Because seems like that significant amount of users are affected by these, so buyers should take it into account when buying one. So if you encountered these, please be kind enough and mention them, so that users will not be misinformed.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview