News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GE73 8RF Raider RGB (i7-8750H, GTX 1070, Full-HD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, June 16, 2018, 01:34:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lighting organ. MSI equips the GE73 8RF with a hexa-core Coffee Lake-series processor, which provides a significant increase in performance over its predecessor. The notebook smoothly runs all current computer games on its responsive 120-Hz TN panel (Full-HD).

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GE73-8RF-Raider-RGB-i7-8750H-GTX-1070-Full-HD-Laptop-Review.309006.0.html

gc

"During the stress test the energy consumption increases to 239 watts thereby exceeding the rated output of the 230-watt power supply."

Is this conclusion based on comparing the same measurements?  Does this take the efficiency of the power supply into account?

The picture here
www.notebookcheck.net/Our-Test-Criteria.15394.0.html#c2467883
looks like it is measuring the mains power supplied TO the power supply, not the output of the power supply.  (There is a multiprong plug, not a jack that connects into the notebook.)

Power supplies are not 100% efficient.

A power supply rated wattage is the output power capability, not the input power consumed to produce that output.

So IF the power supply was 80% efficient, then 80% * 239w = 191.2w is being output by the power supply, well below the 230w capacity.  (Power supplies may have less than peak efficiency at the edge of their capacity.)

XSevenX

Hi dude,

When a power supply is 230W, it's an output 230W so, if efficiency is 90% (more realistic for this kind of psu ;-) real power consumption is around 230/0,9 = 255W

Please be sure that Notebookcheck do the best and know what they do ^^

Have a nice Sunday :-)

Brett

Hi
Are you guys going to be doing a review of the GE63 8RF RGB (the 15 inch version)?
I really look forward to all your reviews and never buy a laptop without consulting your reviews. Keep up the good work guys!

Isaac

Hello

Do you have any record of the CPU temperatures during stress test and Witcher 3?

Thanks.

NikoB

Minimal power consumption is shame for all china notebooks. 15-17W, alongside 5-8W from Workstation with hot hardware. See Thinkpad P
71 with 7820HQ+Quadro 4000 - оnly 7.5W in Idle. It not problem for Intel cpu and pch, it problem for MSI,Asus, Gigabyte.

Klein

It's an amazing PC, I received mine and did several benchmark tests.
Basic on Cinebench R15 the processor goes into default temperature (97 ° C on the hottest heart). After an undervolting of -180Mv, it does not exceed 87 degrees during the first test (the fans do not turn) and after no longer exceed 82 ° C.

Originally I have a graphical firestrike score of 17500.  ;D After an OC (200 on the heart, 300 on the memory) the PC is at 19500.  :o

After undervolting and OC the processor in games no longer exceeds 70 ° C and the graphics card does not exceed 75 °. It's incredible.  ::) :o

In idle with the undervolting the fans are almost off.

I have an 8go version so I add myself 8go ram. No worries for dismantling.

slambanna

Don't buy and MSI until they change there hinge design.  If you plan on opening and closing your laptop the hinge failure is inevitable.  My GE 73 7rf left hinge failed twice in 9 months.  It been happening for years and they refuse to make the simple and cheap change to a robust hinge design.

response time

sorry for the question : msi says 3ms response time, and you show a lot more... Why is there such a difference ?
regards

120 FPS, CSGO?

Hey...

I recently bought this laptop.
Im no expert and are relative new in the "gaming world".

When im playing csgo it runs max 120 fps.
It doesent really mather what video settings i have in csgo. The FPS is stucked at 120 and sometimes drops to 105-115.
That doesent seem right, does it?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview