News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

StumbleUpon shutting down on June 30, accounts and content moving to Mix.com

Started by Redaktion, May 25, 2018, 11:33:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After a history of more than 16 years, the popular content discovery and advertisement engine StumbleUpon is drawing its last breath. On June 30, all user accounts and content will move to Mix.com, a similar service that offers better compatibility with today's mobile platforms and web browsers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/StumbleUpon-shutting-down-on-June-30-accounts-and-content-moving-to-Mix-com.305380.0.html

Yelnik Igwawa

I've been a Stumbleupon user for most of it's history. But it lost me a couple of years ago, when it's ham-handed attempt to monetize it's users effectively killed it for me. Seeing an ad every fourth site or so was very disappointing, and seeing the same sites' ads rotate up every 12-16 stumbles quickly became frustrating. My pain was eased somewhat when I realized I could site-block ads that appeared too often, but when SU removed that ability recently I knew I was done with them. Obviously too many fellow Stumblers had 'stumbled' upon this tactic for SU to allow it to continue, and that meant the writing was on the wall. I'll try Mix.com, because I really enjoyed SU in it's early days. But I'm a user not a resource, and if I get treated like the latter I'm gone again.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview