News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

X-Plane 11 Benchmarks

Started by Redaktion, May 23, 2018, 13:06:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Advanced flight simulation. The X-Plane series is a stalwart in the commercial flight simulation market, and X-Plane 11 marks the latest iteration. It uses an advanced physics engine that mixes hard-coded data with aerodynamics to simulate realistic flight. When cranking up the settings the engine is heavily taxing on the graphics card and processor, which is particularly notable for its reliance on single-threaded CPU performance. The scope and scale of the game make it an ideal candidate for assessing system performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/X-Plane-11-Benchmarks.287550.0.html

Alan

Thank you for this article - I have been struggling to fly with X-Plane11 on my 2.6GHz Core i7, 16GB,  Late 2012 Mac Mini. 

When I ran the 1280x720 benchmark 1 with:

open -a X-Plane.app --args  --fps_test=1 --load_smo=Output/replays/test_flight_c4.fdr --pref:_is_ful_ALL=1 --pref:_x_res_full_ALL=1280 --pref:_y_res_full_ALL=720 --pref:_bpp_full_ALL=32

My result of:
FRAMERATE TEST: time=93.5, frames=2162, fps=23.12
GPU LOAD: time=93.5, wait=5.7, load=6.1%

helped me to realize I needed to set it for 1280x720 windowed, and not stretch my window height so much.  I am now able to run at 20-23fps with a sim ratio of 1.0.

Thank You - I CAN FLY!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview