News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP EliteBook 840 G5 (i5-8250U, SSD, Full-HD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, April 06, 2018, 11:53:59

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

In the past an issue with HP laptops has been their uncomfortably sharp front edges, apparently as a result of a decision to sacrifice user comfort for 'sharp' appearance. Sharp appearance, it seems, means sharp edges, which equates to sore palms.  Many HP notebooks have a sharp front edge.  There's a discussion of the issue as relates to other models on the HP site.

It would have been good to have had this important aspect of the design mentioned.

Peter SK

I really hate this machine, first of all it does not have card reader..ok I know it is 2019 everything is moving at 5 + GHz but...
the other thing that totally annoys me on this machine is probably windows 10 related..  it just sucks...all kinds of bugs.. it not even possible to compare to my old lenovo x series i7 processor laptop..it was smooooooooooooth compared to this junk.

ElitebookG5_840User

Working since a half year or so with 840 G5 I7 8th Gen.

Cannot confirm no coil whine, neither am I happy with the selection of ports.
If working on Desk unit is usually docked, so why RJ45 Network native? One more USB A would have been the better choice. Only 2 Standard USB A ports allow pluging of company supplied Mouse and headset. To plug in all development and other USB stuff I need a Port Expander or dock in HomeOffice (using Icy Box Dk4050 here with no probs)
USB C Connector is very close to standard Power Supply Conenctor, that could have been exchanged against another USB C Port with PD feature and a PD PSU.
Fan comes on frequently. Not extremly noise but with hearable alternating revs, which is very inconvinent, loud under load (Companys Antimalware
scan takes half an hour and drives Unit to maxload fan revs once a week and I then usually take a looong coffee break :))
Build quality ist very strong and sturdy, keyboard it self is nice, if you can l livve with the strange layout.
Compared to my personal X390 Yoga I prefer that keyboard and its layout if this helps any.
Touchpad is very good.
Display is lower end IPS type. Matte is very nice, viewing angles good, but  the Display from factory has a very greenish tint, which may be problem of the display itself as I can reproduce it with 1pix white/black alternating vertical lines in native resolution. INstead of showing a homogeneus grey the Unit shows a light greenish grey. I wouldn't have  expected this with a relatively large colour Gamut given.

All in all an acceptable unit and comparably lightweight with its 1500gr. it feels heavier subjectively, probably due to size and Alu-Chassis.

SIM Slot is completly useless and a waste of connector space. SD-Card reader instead is painfully missing.

hornylamb

Hi everybody..
I been using this laptop for 1 year at work. and it's not so bad.. I really like it but i have added additional 8GB RAM.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview