News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 G2 Review: Good even with Intel

Started by Redaktion, December 01, 2021, 11:53:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The ThinkPad L14 G2 is Lenovo's entry-level business laptop with Intel's Tiger Lake CPUs. The quality of the laptop is on a very high level. To learn more about the business notebook, read our review.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-L14-G2-Review-Good-even-with-Intel.581940.0.html

buz

it gets 86% rating at 1000euro price.. lol. It brings up questions like who in Lenovo even signed off on a product like this ?

No edge over competition in any category and a design from late 90s.
Maybe attract retro enthusiasts?

ciro

They are reliable, not meant to be flashy, machines for the drones (I am using a T480, which is 3 models back - T480 > T490 > L14 > L14 G2). THe killer feature here is Thunderbolt, my machine is still relevant thanks to eGPU, I would love to move up from i5-8350U but company keeps pushing out PC refresh (Supposed to be every 2 years, I am at 3.25 being told every quarter expect refresh next quarter).

For the business environment this is superb, you can increase the Ram easily to 32GB(Tiger Lake should support up to 64GB). Put it in a nice Thunderbolt dock and this is more than enough for those office task (Coding/scripting/modeling). My only complaint is the screen does kind of suck, bleedthrough and lighting consistency across screen. Keyboard is really the best and I like the nub.

Also realize the business environment is usualy large contracts, what they will pay isn't clear/apparent, as a consumer yes this definitely appears overpriced enterprise gear, but for a company it makes great sense(coupled with service contracts and everything else they decide is critical). I  prefer Lenovo to HP and Dell although my next machine will likely be an HP workstation as my company only offers the higher power CPU (H series) on HP.

nosalewithsale

It feels like it was designed to have small battery. Engineered with "lets make it less attractive than more expensive model" in mind as if 16:9 low sRGB thick bezel roulette etc etc wasn't enough. So lame.

LoneWolf

For this review, Notebookcheck did not note the wireless card involved; the L14 G2 can have multiple models of card.

MediaTek
Realtek RTL8852AE 802.11ax
Intel AX200
Intel AX210

The Mediatek is junk. The Realtek, which is in the reviewed model (I looked up the model type), is mediocre. However, it is entirely possible to swap out for the Lenovo part numbers of the Intel AX200 or AX210, which improves wireless performance significantly. As the i7-1165G7 model of L14 G2 I purchased came with the Realtek, I went with an AX200, which is a definite improvement for $20-30USD.

As for the rest, this is a great used laptop for a budget user, provided they purchase an i5 or higher model (the i3 has a drastic performance cut, both in being only a 2-core/4-thread CPU, and a very cut-down iGPU with only 48 EUs as opposed to the 80EUs of the i5 and the 96EUs of the i7).

Eduardo Luis

The company that I work for gave me this laptop. Performance is good in general but this has to be the heaviest laptop that I have ever used.

Bringing this laptop to work in a backpack is torture, I hate it for that.

It is ridiculously heavy.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview