News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15 (i7, GTX 1060) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, February 18, 2018, 13:53:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Now in a 15-inch form factor - Live Review. After a few months' delay, the larger version of the Microsoft Surface Book 2 is finally available in Germany. We have got our review device precisely at the sales launch and now we put it to the test. We are especially excited to examine the energy management of the more powerful components, because we already saw bottlenecks in this area in the smaller model.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Surface-Book-2-15-i7-GTX-1060-Laptop-Review.284622.0.html

Mitch S.

my 15 inch has almost no light bleedAdditonally your gamma and color measurement vary quite a bit from Anandtech.
Is it possible you did measurement in the default color profile which is enhanced? This profile is designed to make everything look more vibrant but is much less accurate.

Solitaire

After owning and using two surface devices myself (the performance base, and the 2nd gen 13') I can honestly say I wouldn't be recommending these devices to anyone. The QA issues with these products were overwhelming and the defect rate was too high, both of mine multiple times. The Microsoft support team(EU) has been absolutely wonderful, however, contrary to majority of others' experiences (seemingly over in the states).

The thing is, time and time again the reviews of these units come out and it is testable that these devices use high quality components, which is what you'd expect given the money you're chucking at them and you get to be a little picky. I just don't know how they managed to make the individual high components fail so often.

Tweaker

I considered these surface devices once in the past.  Went to two separate brick and mortat stores to check them out.  One was stuck in a bootloop and the other refused to power up with all connections perfect.  I decided then that these things are not for me.

Mitch S.

Will we be see an icc calibration profile for this device. I see you did one for the 13.5!
Would much appreciate it. I find my device a bit too warm would love to get it closer to 65-6600K

NikoAW

Would it be possible to avoid the battery draining issue using an usb-c charger?

Ilias

Is this review ever going to get completed?! I want to see you take on it prior to deciding whether to buy it or not.

AGH

By the time you finish this review surface book 3 will be announced. ;)

Bring back dthrp

Sitanoni

By the time this review comes out we will all be playing Half-Life 3 on our Surface Lenses in virtual reality.

Favrus

Do you guys plan on actually finishing these reviews or are they going to remain shrouded in mystery?

Benjamin Herzig

Not the author, but apparently the test-unit was defective and we didn't get a new one, so unfortunately this review will likely remain unfinished now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview