News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Spectre x360 15-bl002xx Convertible Review

Started by Redaktion, February 15, 2017, 18:47:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Emiliano Bolesani

OK! Your detailed answers are most welcome!

One last thing, how are the hinges? Does the screen wobble a lot..? I am afraid that in the long run hinges might loose a little..

I want a decently spec laptop (no tablet) that feels sturdy and premium, with thunderbolt 3, and has a beautiful screen. Seems that the spectre ticks most of all but the 2 in 1 thing makes me wonder.. I would have bought a macbook pro if it wasn't for the underwhelming upgrades combined to a steep increase in pricing.

Thanks again.
Emiliano

dthrp

@Emiliano Bolesani:
Hinges on my Spectre were good, maybe its even better than the Notebook 9.
As for lose hinges, I'm pretty sure you can easily tighten them after dismantling a few parts. Since you mentioned you're not interested in the 2 in 1 aspect, this probably won't concern you, but just in case you do find it useful, I need to point this out. I was a bit disappointed with the Spectre's hinges because it had too much wobble for an adequate 2 in 1 experience, unlike the sturdy watchband hinges on the Lenovo Yoga 910 FHD that I tried in a store (no TB3 and weird key layout were deal breakers).

I almost always prefer hinges with two separate metal caps attached on far ends of the base, to a long hinge that goes down the middle. Reason is that I'm rough with my laptops, and I broke the screen on my Macbooks three times while walking with them open and accidentally slammed them against stuff. Same thing happened to a few other laptops, namely Asus, Acer and Samsung, all consumer units, mind you. Not once, did I have to even think about this issue with the Thinkpads and Latitudes, which always have had great hinges.

You're top priorities are dual-core CPU, long-term durability, at least x1 TB3 and a good 15" screen. I think for a 15", the Spectre x360 is one of the best. But if you're willing to go for a 14" that shaves off around 750 g (1.7 lbs) with even better durability and keyboard, I'd recommend Lenovo Thinkpad X1C5 FHD (7 hrs - 80% brightness, browsing), or its convertible brother X1Y2 OLED (3.5 hrs - same conditions) if you can sacrifice battery life for the best screen.

laptop repair guy discussing hinges:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7XSckjRPo0

Cristina

Hi tecno people,
I am not. So I would appriciate an advice. I am looking for an ultrabook 15 inch with the same características of the hp but i don't need to be convertible so i don't want to pay for this fratture . Is there any other options on the market chepest that is still  Light and multimedia ,15` Top performance and features? 

Charles Garnier

Hi,
I have this one and I like it a lot !
Was wondering if it's a hdmi 2.0 or not.
If I well understand thunderbolt also has an HDMI built in. If yes, is hdmi 2.0 as well?
Finally: is there a way to know which hdmi version I have ?
Thanks you!
Charles

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview