News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

A Snapdragon 625 on the Redmi Note 5 may be the biggest mistake Xiaomi ever makes

Started by Redaktion, November 26, 2017, 16:25:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Leaks surfacing last week point towards the next-gen Redmi Note 5 shipping with the Snapdragon 625, a thought that is sure to ring sour in the minds of Xiaomi fans across the globe.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-Snapdragon-625-on-the-Redmi-Note-5-may-be-the-biggest-mistake-Xiaomi-ever-makes.264352.0.html

Matej

First, whoever wrote this article is probably just looking at benchmarks of mobile CPUs and buys phones around that.

I used to be like that, I was buying the most latest and gratest (Z ultra - the first with Snapdragon 800) but soon realize, that CPU does not matter much if it is bugged down by poor software or android skin.

Snapdragon 625 is the BEST mobile CPU I have seen so far, becouse it is the most efficient one, has 8 cores, strong GPU and soo battery friendly. The longest lasting phone EVER (Lenovo P2) has this CPU and i had this device and it is much faster than any higher end SOC on poor Android Skin (LG, Samsung, Huawei ...)

long story short, if soomething works, optimize, not change.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: Matej on November 26, 2017, 17:23:19
First, whoever wrote this article is probably just looking at benchmarks of mobile CPUs and buys phones around that.

I used to be like that, I was buying the most latest and gratest (Z ultra - the first with Snapdragon 800) but soon realize, that CPU does not matter much if it is bugged down by poor software or android skin.

Snapdragon 625 is the BEST mobile CPU I have seen so far, becouse it is the most efficient one, has 8 cores, strong GPU and soo battery friendly. The longest lasting phone EVER (Lenovo P2) has this CPU and i had this device and it is much faster than any higher end SOC on poor Android Skin (LG, Samsung, Huawei ...)

long story short, if soomething works, optimize, not change.

Hey there, Matej. Article author here. I'm with you on this--the 625 is one of the best CPUs on the market, that's indubitable. But wouldn't you agree that the 625 has been optimized to take the form of newer chipsets like the 626, 630, and 636? By your logic, as long as the 625 does a good job, users should be happy to have it on devices released in 2020?

Thanks for the read!

rs

Snapdragon 625 was launched on Feb 2016, and the first device using it ie Samsung Glaaxy C7 was launched on May 2016, so it is definitely NOT less than one year old.

anon

Even with 625 people will still buy them.
Give it big battery, not too garbage spec, decent UI and screen. Isn't that what your average people want?

636 use Kyro which is surely more expensive than unmodded arm. 626 is pretty much a fail product when 630 came out because 630 supports better features like BT 5.0, dsp, etc. Given by Xiaomi recent expansions and borrowing money from bank, 630 is your best guess for customer but 625 is actually best for their finance, easy as well for software dev because it is the same as prev gen.

Anonym

QuoteI used to be like that, I was buying the most latest and gratest (Z ultra - the first with Snapdragon 800) but soon realize, that CPU does not matter much if it is bugged down by poor software or android skin.
I'm still trying to compute this with the choice of buying into MIUI...

Haleemee

Is this part of business strategy...using the outdated SoC...intead using the new Soc...Xiaomi should use SD 660...for example....they should hear the buyers that already bought Xiaomi product...especially the Redmi Note line...come on

Igor Chervyakov

I want typeC and Quick Charge from new Redmi note, if 625 can support it, ok, i'll take it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview