News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

LG Ultra PC 16 (2022) AMD review: This is not a gram.

Started by Redaktion, October 27, 2022, 20:44:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It is called an Ultra PC and is cheaper than a gram. This 16-inch laptop has a longer battery life than the already long-lasting Intel-based LG gram. What's more, the device only needs a 72 Wh battery (rather than 80 Wh) to achieve this level of battery life. At 400 g heavier, the Ultra PC is admittedly not quite a "gram", but it is still a respectable piece of hardware no less.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/LG-Ultra-PC-16-2022-AMD-review-This-is-not-a-gram.664005.0.html

Anarmba

WHy on earth would anyone prefer this over, say Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 16ALC7 ?
It's 2in1, ahs 400nits 2560x1600 16" display, better keyboard, touch & active pen support, better keyboard, 5700U instead of 5300U etc etc. For about the same kind of $$$.

5300U was meant for much cheaper class of devices.

LL

Unfortunately this is a bad review, since the reviewer appears not aware of LG Gram's released in 2022.

QuoteLG uses its own panel (LG Display LP160WU1-SPH1) on the Ultra PC. For professional users and outdoor enthusiasts alike, it is great news that the laptop comes with a matt display rather than a glossy one like on the gram 16.

LG Gram 2022 have matte displays

QuoteAs with the Intel-based gram 16, the Ultra PC doesn't support Thunderbolt 4, meaning that it is compatible with USB-C 3.1 docking stations at most.

This is incorrect. LG Gram 16 have 2 thunderbolt ports.

I advise a whole text review.

Peter Zhuang

Hello LL,

Thank you for your feedback. The two section have been mistranslated, and I've made the necessary corrections.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Peter Zhuang

OGTA

I was waiting for the Ultra PC hoping for great things, well this variant not so much. Which retailer in the world is this ridiculous to request for such specs?

The ULTRA PC with it's Ryzen 7 variants (with or without RTX2050) should be way better and might just outperform the Gram by a mile

JohnJohn

This LG Ultra PC laptop seems very good. However, the tests results, gaming performance, etc for this particular low specs setup seem very disappointing.

Would a setup with the R7 5825U / 16Gb Ram / 512Gb Disk perform better?

This setup is on LG US site. Can't put the link so here's the code 16U70Q-K.AAS7U1

The way i understand the test results is that with these specs it should in the top results, at least above the average of class.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview