News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro i5 Laptop Preview

Started by Redaktion, November 05, 2017, 20:32:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Solorw

I bought two xiaomi USB-C / Mini DisplayPort adapters, and with this review i discover one USB-C can't be used to connect a display, it can just transfer data.
I already have two 28" 4k and didn't want to connect one display with HDMI (4K 30 Hz) and one with DisplayPort (4K 60 Hz)...

Ahmet Mehmet

What about this ? https://www.amazon.com/VivoBook-i7-8550U-Processor-Keyboard-N705UD-EH76/dp/B07661CYPD/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1510856521&sr=1-2&keywords=8550u

But if you can wait a bit, and Asus decides to update the CPU of this, it will be a killer : https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-Pro-UX550VE/

15.6",  Quad Core CPU ( not 8th gen though yet), GTX 1050Ti, 1.8 kg, NVMe SSD, 2 x Thunderblolt 3 -  a dream machine and very expensive.

I am not sure is Asus will update it soon though; the previous version UX550VD had such a bad display, every reviewer asked people to refrain from it.

Quote from: dthrp on November 06, 2017, 10:48:04
I just think this is too heavy and expensive for a 15 inch laptop with little power. 15.6", ~2.2 kg, i7-8xxxU, GTX 1050 / 1050 TI, 95+ Wh and I'll buy it.

Tomm

Acer A615-51G is coming early 2018, unlike other Aspire series this one has metal chassis, cheaper variant (830 dollars?) come with 8250U, 8Gb RAM (could be soldered dual channel RAM to make thinner chassis), MX150, 256Gb SSD, 15.6inch IPS screen.

Pcfano

I'm surprised about how much does it heat during load, maybe there could be more ventilation holes.

edgineer

I'm glad you tested a monitor on the USB type-C port with displayport capability! I'd like to see much more testing like this on these ports in the future. How is the input latency? Your test monitor has a displayport out connector for daisy-chaining, that's great! I'd like to know if daisy-chaining monitors works with on a new laptop I might buy (what resolutions and refresh rates work).

Do you have a USB type-C/thunderbolt 3 dock you could use to verify functionality? That would be fantastic. Thanks!

DorivJack

If you are interested, Xiaomi Notebook Pro (CORE I5 8GB + 256GB SSD) is now available at a flash sale, check out here: https://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_786412.html?wid=21&lkid=11989599

Nitesh

Kind of mind blowing that the MX150 in this @ 900 and even in 700 dollar laptops, is pretty much up there with the Radeon Pro 555 in the 15" rMBP.

Come on with the GPU options, Apple.

unpronounciable

Hi, what is the maximum RAM allowed total? (Or what is the maximum RAM allowed per slot?)
I saw they have the 16GB variant (i7-8550U) but no mention whether it is 16GBx1 or 8GBx2 (I searched all internet and did not find the answer).
And is it soldered?
Thanks!

Ofir

Thanks for great review
I'm thinking of ordering this notebook and I';m thinking which model to order  :
1. The i5 with 8Gb Ram
2. The i7 with 8GB Ram
3  The i7 with 16Gb Ram

what do you think guys ? I need this machine most of the time for regular work and maybe once a month for video editing .
Also I'm thinking to install the Mac OSX on this machine.

thanks

Reviewer

You cant upgrade the RAM as it is soldered to the mainboard.
Regarding OS X, I dont think the Nvidia GPU is supported on Hackintosh yet properly as there is no current Mac with an Nvidia GPU.

Dieter

Quote from: Ahmet Mehmet on November 16, 2017, 19:36:40
15.6",  Quad Core CPU ( not 8th gen though yet), GTX 1050Ti, 1.8 kg, NVMe SSD, 2 x Thunderblolt 3 -  a dream machine and very expensive.

I am not sure is Asus will update it soon though; the previous version UX550VD had such a bad display, every reviewer asked people to refrain from it.
Hi, what do you mean about the UX550VD having a bad display? Are you talking about the UX501 with the PenTile 4K display? Because as far as I know, UX550VD has a very good display.

enujev

An update for the review - I received this laptop last week and they have now fixed the slow SSD speeds. Mine runs at almost double the speed in the review.

Apparently it was a BIOS problem. I'm very happy with it now.

Pedro Gabriel

Anybody knows if is there any laptop like this but with matte screen?

Ok, another thing: only there are 3 configurations at least that I saw: i7 16GiB but all the i5 come with 8GB...

I am thinking change my Asus RoG GL752vw for this pretty laptop (the asus battery sucks) what do you think about?

Thanks a lot!!!
Ahhh, happy New Year!!!

Pavel96

I'm very interested in buying this laptop, but I am concerned about some battery issues. When googling "Xiaomi Notebook Pro problems" there are many reddit posts about the battery not charging and no solutions presented. I have read some comment on these issues that 90% of Notebook Pro users are happy with their fantastic machine while 10% are unlucky with a dead or faulty machine. Someone replied to this comment to say that there are always problems like this in all technologies, but I would hate to spend so much on this laptop for it to break and take months to return to China for repair.

Does anybody know anything about these issues, potential solutions or anything?

Tomm

Very good tip for any somewhat gaming type laptop:

Go to Device Manager and choose disable on "Microsoft Composite Battery", laptop will be forced to use AC in any situation for now, and as you can see from power settings, battery settings will disappear.

Performance increased by this.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview