News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

What we'd like to see in the 2018 XPS 15 9570

Started by Redaktion, October 23, 2017, 13:41:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Cg

For a laptop that is ostensibly for power users, I find the lack of dedicated navigation (page up/down and home/end) distressing. Makes it a chore to navigate through long codes or documents, especially when using shortcuts like Ctrl+shift+end. There is plenty of empty real estate on the base to add another column of keys, similar to Samsung's notebook 9 series.

Gregory

instead of a model 3200x1800, I would prefer a thousand times a 2560x1440p 120hz, the 5K is too exaggerated, it is better to focus on improving the quality of the panel and not the number of pixels.

As for cpu and gpu, I hope some time use the new intel kaby lake -g or ice lake -g, so there would be more room for more battery or a better dissipation that you need so much.

Fizzles

Thank you for this great review!

I would gladly spend my money on a Dell XPS 15 that includes all or most of the changey you mentioned. Although Dell's reputation for it's abysmal handling of customer relations really makes me pause (e.g. them not replacing faulty batteries...).

Will there even be a new Dell XPS 15 this year? So far Dell only showed the new Dell XPS 15 convertible during the CES.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview