News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

A look back at 25 years of ThinkPad notebooks: Part 3 - The 2010s and modernization under Lenovo

Started by Redaktion, October 19, 2017, 16:48:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Our third part in the series about the history of the ThinkPad notebook brings us up to the present. In the years after 2010 and all the way to 2017, Lenovo has brought big changes and modernization to the ThinkPads. This also included making some controversial decisions, which we will be taking a close look at.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-look-back-at-25-years-of-ThinkPad-notebooks-Part-3-The-2010s-and-modernization-under-Lenovo.258688.0.html

Mjoikr

I left the thinkpads after the T60 gen.  Every generation after that was cheapening out of the rigid chassis, as you can still see in the new T470s.  The 16:10 screens were perfect for productivity, so they were axed for cheaper 16:9 screens.  Most LCDs used by Lenovo have been crap.  They even went to ultra low voltage CPUs for their T-series of machines.  I mean, the only cost Lenovo can save on that is the heatsink/fan/battery parts because they are a lot smaller for slow CPUs.  Lenovo have also not kept up with discrete graphics in their laptops.  To top off all that, there was several ethical breaches like SuperFish, severe reliability issues with some models over the years and bloatware.  Their support also sucked and was nothing like IBM's.

I won't touch thinkpads now.  If I was going to pay a premium for support that is terrible like any other asian company, design that is cheapened, performance that is underwhelming, I might as well buy ASUS.  Or better yet, buy Dell or Apple.

kony

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview