News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple's upcoming iMac Pro with 10-core custom Intel Xeon CPU surfaces on GeekBench

Started by Redaktion, October 19, 2017, 15:31:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 10-core Xeon CPU is more than 50% faster than the 8-core model when it comes to multi-core performance tests. Apple will also launch an 18-core/36-thread iMac in December this year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-s-upcoming-iMac-Pro-with-10-core-custom-Intel-Xeon-CPU-surfaces-on-GeekBench.258672.0.html

Nitesh

Vega has been...Uninspired, so far. They'll probably dial it back to where the perf/watt ratio is more favorable, but still. I wish it had Nvidia options for those of us who don't exclusively care about FCPX performance, I get the OpenCL thing but Nvidia has been working on it, and the GPUs are so much more powerful they even brute force past AMD cards in some tasks which traditionally perform better in OpenCL for what they are.

In the same wattage, you'd get so much more performance out of Pascal in 80% of tasks, and nearly all non-compute tasks.

ACTech

AMD Vega Pro..? Nice, that GPU has a lot of new architectural details that will be put to great use.. For large data, nobody touches AMD's Vega with their 512 TeraBytes virtual address space..  Other GPUs just crash trying to load big data, but the Vega just keeps going..

I wish APPLE will offer the AMD ThreadRipper monster with 64 pci-e io lanes,which Intel don't have.. I don't like to pay a huge overprice just for about the same performance or even less performance.  I am burnt out from years of Intel's price abuse.. which makes Apple not look very attractive to many people.

Nitesh

Quote from: ACTech on October 19, 2017, 20:36:38
AMD Vega Pro..? Nice, that GPU has a lot of new architectural details that will be put to great use.. For large data, nobody touches AMD's Vega with their 512 TeraBytes virtual address space..  Other GPUs just crash trying to load big data, but the Vega just keeps going..

I wish APPLE will offer the AMD ThreadRipper monster with 64 pci-e io lanes,which Intel don't have.. I don't like to pay a huge overprice just for about the same performance or even less performance.  I am burnt out from years of Intel's price abuse.. which makes Apple not look very attractive to many people.

Vega Pro will be a similar SKU to how the Radeon Pros in rMBPs work. Same render config as the Vega 56/64 parts, but at lower clocks for a more favorable performance per watt ratio.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview