News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Macbook Pro: Does Apple have a problem with defective keyboards due to dust getting stuck?

Started by Redaktion, October 18, 2017, 18:18:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Since 2015, Apple has one by one changed the keyboards on its Mac-products to the new Butterfly-design, a precess accompanied with much interest but also criticism. The new design helped Apple in their pursuit for thinner and thinner products, but now it seems that the new design has a reliability problem: Some users experience problems with dust and dirt getting stuck beneath keys.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Macbook-Pro-Does-Apple-have-a-problem-with-defective-keyboards-due-to-dust-getting-stuck.258632.0.html

Tristan Tzara

Have faced this problem myself.
I could forgive if it was once, but Apple, really? Staingate was not so bad comparing to this.
Everyone who is using computer as instrument needs a reliable solution. So I just need to start to "think different" I guess.

nm

I have experienced this problem as well, in addition to the high pitch noise from some keys. good you brought this up. it is a bad keyboard indeed

mactard

Macbooks are no longer reliable machines. It's almost certain that one will have a problem with them sooner or later, so better get a different good quality laptop and get used to Windows or Linux. The software might not be as polished, but at least the hardware won't fail.

SSuy

Stupid decision on going even thinner.  The retina MBPs are thin enough.  Any thinner you might as well use a tablet.  I loved the 2012 MBPs, that may have been the pinnacle of the aluminum MBPs. 

Tweaker

I like this company and its products.  But I hate this new thinness crap.  The new macbooks and minis and the pro are total garbage from a usability, longevity and upgradeability point of view.

To Apple, bulimia is just wrong. 

Tyrone Slothrop

Apple has become a cult, a country, a... whatever big you can think. From now on, even if they are wrong, we will not be right. 800 billion dollars...

mubashir

"AppWorld Service Center" is an autonomous service & repair center which fixes multi branded mobiles, laptops & tablets etc. But, we particularly handle all range of all products like Macs, iPhones & iPads. on online booking  We pick your device for service on the same day for the customers located and delivery.more details conact  @appworldin.com

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview