News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 (i7, P1000, FHD) Workstation Review

Started by Redaktion, November 19, 2018, 21:56:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HP has added another new model to its ZBook Studio series, which are expensive premium-workstations. The special thing about this new ZBook Studio is that it is a convertible. Can the combination of a workstation and a convertible work out in reality? Learn more by reading this comprehensive review!

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-ZBook-Studio-x360-G5-i7-P1000-FHD-Workstation-Review.358161.0.html

Vance

Interesting one-of-a-kind character. Unfortunate that HP couldn't implement the anticipated P2000 Max-Q, let alone a more suitable P3200 / GTX 1060 which would have sealed the deal for me.

Maybe Lenovo will make a heavier Thinkpad X1 Extreme Yoga with a better screen, sound quality and battery life than before.

Leonardo Visentin

Not interested in tablet mode, for my usage. But it would have been a nice item, with a more properly powerful video card.

I am quite a bit pleased with my new Precision 3530 now...

Lance Wei

The reason that the P2000 was listed in the specs for the x360 G5, but is not yet available is that the P2000 GPU option will finally ship as part of the "Boost" SKUs.  The Boost SKUs are basically a mid-cycle refresh for this model (as well as the rest of the ZBook G5 lineup) that HP just announced.  These refreshed models will star shipping sometime around the December 2018 timeframe. 

Vance

I would't consider P2000 MQ a "Boost" when other laptops in this form factor can run 1070-1080 MQ. HP is pulling an Apple here and it's their loss because by that time GTX 20 and Vega revision will be ready to ship.

Rayben

Please make a review of HP Elitebook x360 1040. Finally a competitor to the Lenovo X1 Yoga.

thatmdee

No issues with the touchscreen?

I've seen a couple of reviews now where people mentioned the glass on the 1080 version of the Zbook is a bit too thin,  and when you press down the stylus, there is discoloration / inking effect

I'm really wanting to buy a higher spec 1080 model for added battery life,  but this is stopping me.

Malcolm O'Callaghan

You can buy an Asus laptop for $1100 that blows this laptop away in almost every area. This is a cynical attempt to make huge amounts of cash from corporations who are not savvy enough or too proud to understand that gaming laptops ARE workstations.

Luke Flegg

I absolutely love this thing. Great fan noise/ cooling load balancing, works great in salty sea air, 100% humidity, 36c heat, dust and just so reliable and fast. Beautiful to touch and use, great keyboard and touchpad. Lush screen, including touch. I had an issue with ghost touches and HP sent a guy out within 24 hours to my house, for free, he replaced the entire screen within 30 mins and no problems since then. Best customer service I've ever had. Easy to reach HP on the phone. Power button isn't badly placed but I have accidentally hit it when moving the laptop a couple of times. Windows Hello works great as does fingerprint reader.. upgraded easily to 32gb RAM + 2nd SSD. Very easy to open and upgrade and HP had no warranty issue with that.

It's about 7 months old now and there's no a machine on the planet I'd swap it with.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview