News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Switch 5 (7500U, 512 GB) Convertible Review

Started by Redaktion, July 23, 2017, 19:39:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Hot worker. We are testing the Surface Pro rival and successor to Acer's Swift Alpha 12, and we will discover to what extent it can meet Windows standards. Acer tackles this feat with high performance at a low price.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Switch-5-7500U-512-GB-Convertible-Review.236900.0.html

JD2

First some misses.

The label for the cinebench tests are wrong?
Cinebench loop Surface Pro Core i5: Water cooling
Cinebench loop Surface Pro Core i7: Fan cooling
They are also swapped, between the i5 and i7.

Now a question
The Cinebench R15 CPU Multi 64 Bit for the Switch 5 is quiet low for the i7 compared to other i7 as it starts at 330 where normally an i5 starts?
An i7 cinebench test usually is around 410.

Have i missed something?

Klaus Hinum

Thanks for pointing out the mistake on the labels, will be fixed.
Regarding the CB 15 performance, the i7-7500U ranges from 265 - 376 in our tests (41 devices!) with an average of 338, so its in line
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-7500U-Notebook-Processor.172205.0.html

min: 265     avg: 337.3 (16%)     median: 338 (16%)     max: 376 Points
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

Art

Seems like Acer cheaped out with the screen again.
I have the previous version of the Acer Alpha Switch 12 Core i5, which isn't fitted with the Panasonic that NoteBookCheck found in their test, but instead an unknown panel similar to the one they found in the core i7 version.
Some internet reports the model is a cheaper Chinese made panel - thought it's impossible to verify as the model number shows no results in internet searches.
What I do know is that the icc profiles for either the i5 or i7 panels provided by this website DO NOT work with my panel, which has some colour casts.
Therefore I do not recommend this screen for semi-professional photo editing because it just doesn't seem that good.
They cheaped out and undermined an otherwise ok product.

LM

Notebookcheck,

Thank you very much for this review!
Could you also review the second, cheaper mode, Acer Switch 5 with Core i5 and 256GB SSD?
I'm very interested in its temperature cycle and performance in compare to more senior i7 model.
Would be also good to know the type and characteristics of the screen installed in   the junior model, might it be different from the reviewed i7?

LM

Guys, I also wonder does the i5 model has no PWM / flickering in it's screen?

Piero

You all, Acer SWITCH is just amazing in two unparalled features: the hollow hinge and the liquid cooling !!!. 1) the hollow hinge allows to hung it up to a sleak plastic double clothes hanger fixed underneath my standing desk (maual sit/stand), connected with three 24" portrait monitors above the desk (total 42" portraite together) (I use 3 Cable Matters USB-HDMI interfaces). 2) the liquid loop allows mind concentration, eliminating any air fan noise. There is no competitor for these two aspects!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Piero

AMAZING !!! You all, Acer SWITCH is just amazing in two unparalled features: the hollow kickstand and the liquid cooling !!!. 1) the hollow kickstand allows to hung it up (to back seats travelling, etc., or) to a sleak plastic double clothes hanger fixed underneath my standing desk (manual sit/stand), connected with three 24" portrait monitors above the desk (total 42" portraite together) (I use 3 Cable Matters USB-HDMI interfaces). 2) the liquid loop allows mind concentration, eliminating any air fan noise. There is no competitor for these two features!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Piero

AMAZING !!! You all, Acer SWITCH is just amazing in two unparalled features: the hollow kickstand and the liquid cooling !!!. 1) the hollow kickstand allows to hung it up (to seat backs in flight, in buses, etc., and) to a sleak plastic double clothes hanger fixed underneath my standing desk (manual sit/stand), gaining space on desk, and connected with three 24" portrait monitors above the desk (total 42" landscape together) (I use 3 Cable Matters USB-HDMI interfaces). 2) the liquid loop allows mind concentration, eliminating any air fan noise. There is no competitor for these two aspects!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview