News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2017 (Core i5, Full HD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, June 23, 2017, 20:08:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Light business companion! We recently tested the ThinkPad X1 Carbon extensively. We now tested a slightly thinned-down version based on an Intel Core i5 for you and show you, whether this represents an advantage compared to the otherwise identical model based on the Intel Core i7.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-2017-Core-i5-Full-HD-Laptop-Review.229966.0.html

chagy

Crystaldiskmark version 3.0 is a old version disk benchmark software, which cannot measure a speed higher than 1500 MB/s. For these latest PCI-E SSDs, one should use the newer version CrystalDiskMark 5.2.1.

dthrp

Comparing with the review of the Kaby Lake i7 and other online reviews, looks like there's pretty big contrast ratio variations between the non-touch FHD IPS screen from AUO.

Could be the usual lottery with the BOE screen since the FRU lists only those two vendors. But if this isn't the case, then what's going on here?

https://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/x1_carbon_5th_gen_frubom_20170509.pdf

jeremy

Thomas_Thomas

Adapter required in order to use LAN? Card reader accessible only with some needle/pin after closing the lid? Keyboard area getting overly hot? Exhaust noise increased along with CPU-throttling? Thanks God you at least moved main sockets back to the left side, so we can use mouse comfortably again.
C'mon guys, what is wrong with you? Did you ever tried to think what is important and usable in everyday business practice from end-user perspective? Do you really see all these cuts worth for trimming 1mm in device dimensions and/or reducing weight by 65g for everyday-workhorse device? Usability, comfort and reliability are top points, and not some negligible dimension or weight reductions for already compact and light device.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview