News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple iPad Pro 10.5 Tablet Review

Started by Redaktion, June 19, 2017, 09:07:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A great tablet, but not a Pro. The iPad Pro 10.5 is Apple's second generation of the Pro-series. The screen is definitely the star of the show. It has not only grown in size, but also offers 120 Hz, HDR and claims coverage of the P3 color space. The tablet is on its way to the top with the A10X SoC, but it will still not be a satisfying notebook replacement.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPad-Pro-10-5-Tablet-Review.228714.0.html

dk

I have the prior iPad Pro version.  It WOULD be a MS replacement IF it offered mouse support.  Perhaps I missed this issue in your review, which to me is THE issue.

Mikeven

Maybe the screen connector has a bandwidth issue, it can't surpport P3 color at 120hz, ,or for power saving,Apple set certain limit,,,,in all that is kinda disappointing .

Jdorth

There is a small problem in the GPU section of the article talking about 3D mark physics
A series SoCs have always scored very low in that area (it actually took a big dip going from A6 to A7)
Its not related to number of cores being active (the author has written probably so  I'm providing the real reason)
Its due to how A series actually has a huge problem accessing random parts in memory . 3D mark even has a link about it https://www.futuremark.com/pressreleases/understanding-3dmark-results-from-the-apple-iphone-5s-and-ipad-air

j

Does Apple cut corner this time in using eMMC instead of NVMe for their storage solution (previous iPP iteration used NVMe) which resulted in lower storage performance?  iFixit seems to strengthen this argument when outlining that iPP 10.5 64GB is using Toshiba NAND Flash Storage.

It would be a shame if this assumption is true as iPPs are positioned as super premium products therefore should have the best components.

Would the 256GB or 512GB have different storage solution than the 64GB one?

I'm not an expert in this therefore grateful for any guidance or advice.

Cheers,
j

Leo Best

Could you provide numbers for read/write speeds of the NAND storage so it can be compared to the 9.7" model. Is the noted 799MB/s read or write speed?

ludosodo

A have a question about Promotion, when you are viewing an image, the Promotion goes to 24hz. Itsn´t it bad for the eyes?

philippe

"We will update with a comparison to the Garmin Edge 500 shortly. "...

Shortly ? lol.

Michaelflat1

Quote from: ludosodo on September 22, 2017, 14:39:54
A have a question about Promotion, when you are viewing an image, the Promotion goes to 24hz. Itsn´t it bad for the eyes?
It's an LCD, so the picture changes 24 times a second, meaning that there is no flicker, like on a CRT that displays images 24 times a second, the CRT scans through, drawing out each image so to speak, whereas the LCD is all at once. Hence LCD could have 1Hz and not hurt your eyes, except it only updates once a second.

It does this to save power, i'll explain like this, normally screens have 60Hz, meaning 60 images are generated by GPU and sent to LCD controller, which then changes the screen 60 times per second (the bits that change). When you are viewing an image, and the screen is static, there are a lot of images being generated by the GPU that are wasteful, you could save some power not generating 60 per second, but reducing to 24 would save a lot. It doesn't fall down to 1Hz, but maybe in the future when LCD controllers can do this :P

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview