News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Zotac GeForce GT 1030 Review

Started by Redaktion, June 18, 2017, 17:40:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tiny Pascal spin-off! With the launch of last year´s new Pascal generation, Nvidia stirred up the high-end segment of graphics cards and bit by bit they added mid-range and now entry-level products. The Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 by Zotac offers a low-profile PCB and 2 GB of GDDR5 memory. The question this review is about to answer: Is this GPU branded for use in a living room PC or can it actually game?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Zotac-GeForce-GT-1030-Review.229134.0.html

Tyler

I picked up a GT 1030 to replace a GT 545 in my old HTPC. I gained the ability to stream 4k hdr with ease and lowered the power consumption of the old machine. The machine is quite old running 8 4x2GB sticks of DDR2 and a q6700 bit it handles media and light gaming with ease.

I often find myself playing games on it rather than my i7/GTX 1060 laptop or i7/1080Ti desktop because seeing how far the older and weaker hardware can.be pushed is as much fun as the games. With some playing with settings, 1080p is playable for games like Fallout 4 and GTA V med settings and some are fine at 4k like Borderlands 2 or Farming Sim 17 even at higher settings.

One thing to watch for is the ddr4 model vs GDDR5. Haven't used a ddr4 but I'd imagine there's a decent penalty to performance.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview