News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte shows off its Aero 15 notebook with thin-bezel display

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2017, 21:32:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Unveiled earlier this month, the Aero 15 is the centerpiece in Gigabyte's professional notebook lineup at Computex. The laptop's most noticeable feature is its nearly bezel-free display, which measures 15.6 inches yet fits into a 14-inch chassis.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-shows-off-its-Aero-15-notebook-with-thin-bezel-display.224768.0.html

Iwanttoknowthings

Probably the best all around laptop. I am wondering if anyone knows about the display specs of the 4k version. Will it be glossy or matte?

dthrp

We need bigger batteries. Regardless of the 100 watt-hour airline limit.
Driving a high-res display and dozens of PCIe lanes with a quad-core processor + a separate dGPU has its limits.
I don't care how they do it. Maybe put a 100whr internally and add same amount or more as hot-swappable, I really don't know.
But god dammit, just cram in more Li-pol until they come up with something better.

Joe

Quote from: dthrp on May 31, 2017, 16:21:13
We need bigger batteries. Regardless of the 100 watt-hour airline limit.
Driving a high-res display and dozens of PCIe lanes with a quad-core processor + a separate dGPU has its limits.
I don't care how they do it. Maybe put a 100whr internally and add same amount or more as hot-swappable, I really don't know.
But god dammit, just cram in more Li-pol until they come up with something better.

The problem with huge batteries is not just the 99WHr Airplane limit, the other main problem is weight.

dthrp

@Joe:
Indeed it is. These days, some people are willing to sacrifice battery life for a thinner laptop. But then again, the opposite speaks true for so many others.

A well-made 9-cell 100 Whr external battery is pretty compact, only weighing around 0.22 kg. And If they manufacture them using the same nano-tube tech as LG has accomplished with their Gram line of laptops, it potentially could be even lighter. This means that the Aero 15 with a 300 Wh battery (100 internal + 200 external) would come in at 2.6 kg at most. That's the same weight as my Lenovo Thinkpad P51, which I carry around every day with no problem at all. And since I'm a scrawny Asian guy who barely works out, I doubt a few extra grams would be noticeable for average folks.

The current market is perfectly capable of making this a reality, only the laptop ODMs are too apprehensive that the high costs associated won't pay off very well. What a waste of potential. Maybe in the future that will all change with a new electrode or something.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview