News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkBook 15 G4 Laptop im Test: Effizientes Multitalent

Started by Redaktion, September 01, 2022, 10:48:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

passt bei Lenovo noch das ThinkBook 15 G4. Der Büro- oder Multimedia-Laptop kann mit dem aufgelockerten Design der IdeaPads aufwarten, bietet aber bei Leistung und Ausstattung etwas mehr. Dafür sorgt auch der AMD Ryzen 5 5625U aus dem Barcelo-Update.

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Lenovo-ThinkBook-15-G4-Laptop-im-Test-Effizientes-Multitalent.618758.0.html

RobertJasiek

"So kann sich das Lenovo ThinkBook 15 G4 in keinem der Benchmarks und Tests wirklich von seinen Konkurrenten absetzen."

O doch! Von der Wifi-Akkulaufzeit bei 150 nits verbleiben trotz 301 nits bei maximaler Brightness noch 95%. Dieser relative Wert ist rekordverdächtig! (Der absolute Wert ist weniger beeindruckend.)

Zum Vergleich: Schenker XMG Neo 17 M22 erreicht bei 399 nits nur 39%. Viele Geräte liegen im Bereich 50 - 80%.

"Büro-Laptop"

Da bin ich anderer Meinung. Mit kleinen Pfeiltasten und Medien- statt eigenen Bildnavigationstasten ist das Notebook für Bürotätigkeiten unbrauchbar.

NikoB

Quote from: RobertJasiek on September 01, 2022, 12:38:55"Büro-Laptop"

Da bin ich anderer Meinung. Mit kleinen Pfeiltasten und Medien- statt eigenen Bildnavigationstasten ist das Notebook für Bürotätigkeiten unbrauchbar.
I'm blind typing and I don't give a damn about the arrows, because I use NumPad in navigation mode and copy-paste in 2 hands. The arrows and some of the buttons are important for those who are used to suffering on stubby keyboards of 12"-14 "models. On 15"+ there is no such problem if there is a Numpad (switch in navigation mode).

The problem is different - the numpad keys, as usual, are stupidly narrowed, and the Fx row is narrowed in height. It's no good. And as always, the tactile keyboard is disgusting, it didn't even worst  vs Asus/MSI keyboards, and even more so Thinkpad. I have already written many times - all good laptops look the same and feel the same tactile...

Well, the conclusion about a "good camera" is ridiculous, with a final rating of 47 points out of 100 ...

And now about the obvious monstrous failures:

Again, the author assures that there is a dual-channel mode, but I see from the AIDA64 tests that there is definitely a single-channel DDR5 4800 mode. Well, or the memory tuning is just terrible. Only 1/2 from dual channel throughput...

The laptop despite only 25W in PL1, but is noisy. Again, RJ45 is on the right - what "alternatively gifted designer" came up with this port position in an office laptop when 90% of the world's population is right-handed? Well, in 2022, install only the shameful gigabit is simply ridiculous, the minimum should be 2.5Gb/s. And besides, the shameful Wi-Fi module on board is 40-45% slower than the norm today. It's Realtek...

About the shameful screen (which is constantly and deliberately install by Lenovo (and obviously in collusion with Intel, that is, this is natural corruption, it's surprising that AMD still hasn't sued them) in the Thinkbook series with AMD, you can no longer write - in the review and so everything is in full view.

And in conclusion, they are trying to sell us an outdated processor on slightly updated Zen3 cores, instead of last year's Zen3+ (6600U is just the one that would support USB40 (aka TB4.0 with eGPU, like Intel versions of Thinkbook support since Tiger Lake!) ). And at the same time, AMD assures that there is no deficit on planet? Ha-ha-ha. Or maybe Lenovo just isn't happy with the wholesale pricing of the Zen3+?

As a result, we have a dull office laptop with a shitty tactile keyboard (and this is in the office pc!), A shameful screen suitable only for working in Excel and a processor outdated for a year on Zen3 cores, and not Zen3+ in the fall of 2022, when Zen4 is already in the yard...

It's boring and dull in 2022. But in principle, if it sells for $ 600-650, someone will do it ...

PS,
Gentlemen reviewers, it's time to evaluate the Thinkbook 16 G4+ ARA, and not this shameful garbage.

Order Thinkbook 16 G4+ ARA c 6800U+32Gb soldered ram+2.5k@120Hz panel (it's sad, but again Lenovo didn't install 4k@120Hz, although it have been on the market for 2 years already!) and we will evaluate, as readers, what happened in the end. It's high time to release a review of the current models, not obsolete...

RobertJasiek

Since I enter many digits, switching the numpad for its arrows means a factor 3 or 4 greater typing time.

NikoB

In 2 hands, in blind, it turns out with  numpad in navigation mode faster than without it. Without numpad, in navigation mode, I just can't quickly enter the text, edit it (copy-paste via Ctrl/Shift + Insert/Del), especially in encoding. To enter the numbers, as a whole, the upper row of digital keys on the main block is enough for me, if you really need a lot, then yes, you need a separate convenient navigation unit, which is probably displaced down, but no one laptop in practice has no one. Everyone has their own habits, but without numpad, a quick navigation in code and enter "/*-+" operands and effective (read as minimal in time costs) group operations with files in file managers are simply impossible.

In any case, if a person constantly switches between a full-fledged desktop keyboard and laptop (like me), it becomes impossible to use the shrinked  keyboard as 12"-14" laptops. But with the narrowed Fx keys (ESC, F1-F12) this also became extremely uncomfortable-because blind printing suggests working on memory of hands.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview