News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Latitude 5580 (i5-7200U, HD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, May 11, 2017, 21:18:27

Previous topic - Next topic

vb

Why the worst? Very low maximum brightness, low real viewing angles, extremly wrong colors - white is gray, gray is black, ... I had to change contrast, RGB brightness ... by at least 30 percent to partially fix the color. If I compare all low cost HD lenovo, acer ... displays with 5580 FHD, the 5580 FHD is way the worse. If someone really want to buy the latitude, the best is to buy previous model - 5570 because it has much better display. Btw. dell even did not mention nontouch FHD display nits (only the touch version) in their product sheet ... one could ask why  :)

Jeff Brody

Just got mine and I'm quite pleased.  FHD display completely satisfactory.   Not sure why the comment "worst display" .. far from the "worst" IMO.

dthrp

@Jeff Brody: @joschh:

Much cheaper laptops sport FHD IPS displays with around 350 nits of brightness, 1300:1 contrast ratio, 95% sRGB and 70% AdobeRGB color coverage. MBPs and Surfaces have over 500 nits, 1800:1, and impeccable color gamut.
And here's a batch of "professional" and "business" laptops from Dell, HP and Lenovo that are more than x2 as expensive as the cheapest quality laptop, that only averages at 250 nits, 800:1, and 65%/40% on a same display config, with 250Hz PWM flickering to add to the insult.
(I don't know much, but my guess is that the Latitude 5580 and Precision 3520 use different displays, as they have in the past)

I'm not saying all business laptops have crappy displays, but most Full-HD non-touch IPS displays are garbage, and for some people, anything else isn't a viable option at the present.

Thembinkosi Dyeyi

I need to use a CD Rom Drive.  Does this have such an input device? The Dell Latitude 5580 (i5-7200U ?

tomek79

New Dell Latitude 5590 - supports only 2x pci-e lanes for Nvme M.2 slot.
It limits ssd performance to only 1700 MB/s. Crystal mark test: prntscr.com/imt60q
Dell business partners advertise and sell SSD M.2 Nvme drives like Samsung Evo 960 as add-on. Be carefull it will work only 50% performance, shame on Dell! Its 2018!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview