News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless Review - Strong ANC headphones with good sound

Started by Redaktion, March 12, 2021, 12:27:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Momentum 3 Wireless cannot deny its origins and has the concise design of its predecessor, but this has now been freshened up a bit. The interfaces are also modernized, but Sennheiser could have been a bit more generous with the audio codecs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sennheiser-Momentum-3-Wireless-Review-Strong-ANC-headphones-with-good-sound.527455.0.html

GeneraISoybeans

Does anyone know why NBC doesn't show the sound frequency response graph like they do in their laptop reviews? Is that graph not accurate for headphones or something?

JoeBlack

Quote from: GeneraISoybeans on March 12, 2021, 13:47:28
Does anyone know why NBC doesn't show the sound frequency response graph like they do in their laptop reviews? Is that graph not accurate for headphones or something?
Most likely the case as you need accuracy and good stereo mics for this type of measurement.
But to a Momentum 3 Wireless, trust me man, you do not want to see it.
It's abysmal, and I really hope Sennheiser can get back on track with new generation - their wireless Momentums and TWS are IMHO one of the worst cases of price to sound quality proposition.

Sennheiser can do so much better (well not the software side, they suck there, big time), but it feels like they do not even try in recent years.

heffeque

Right now, if you want the best noise cancelling, it's clearly the Sony XM4, and if you want better sound quality without compromising noise cancelling that much, the Apple AirPods Max are the way to go... and if you don't want to spend that much, the Anker Life Q30 have an excellent flat response with decent noise cancelling, and all for a portion of the price.

Sennheiser headphones have beautiful esthetics, but they totally lost the sound quality part.

Jack Ames

I have an Older pair of Gaming ONe Sennheisser Headphones which came with a graph and QA sheet and whatnot. I was so impressed that I vowed to use Sennhiesser forever. However, I have not needed a new pair of headphones. Thankfully it seems too. I am truely sad to see that people have found Sennheisser to now be lacking in both sound quality and performance for what you pay. I really want to find a brand I can stick with. Reading the above comment on the brands to look at I can assure you Apple will never be a choice (personal reasons) but I'll gladly take a look at others on the list in the $250 to $350 range which I find to be a good spot for Price / Performance / Quality. Cheers! and  Thank You to the Above Commentors.

hfm

We have both a wired and wireless of a previous generation of these around (I don't use them though), the part I don't like about them is the headband isn't padded well and creates hot spots on the head. Have they made the headband cushion on these softer and better conforming?

anon

My first priority in audio hardware is low latency. More specifically, any low-latency mode advertised must actually work reliably. In my experience there have been exactly zero aptX-LL devices which work reliably in aptX-LL mode.

I would love to hear if these suffer from pops and clicks in low latency mode like other bluetooth devices do.

My next priority is having high quality bidirectional audio in low latency mode. Bluetooth's headset profile (hands-free profile, HFP) reduces audio quality to 2000s-era telephony codec level if you would like to use the microphone.

In short, the only headphones OR earbuds I have found to fit these two requirements are the HyperX Cloud Flight. I am considering buying XBox headphones to use with the Windows 10 XBox USB adapter but reviews say the connection often drops.

I would very much like to find either aptX-LL headphones that work, or some other low latency headphones or earbuds better than the HyperX Cloud Flight.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview