News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga G7 review: High-end business convertible laptop

Started by Redaktion, May 15, 2022, 18:30:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Business laptops with the new Intel Alder Lake processors are now slowly coming onto the market. The first candidate in our editorial department is Lenovo's flagship convertible for the business sector, the ThinkPad X1 Yoga G7. However, there are still difficulties with the implementation of the new Alder Lake P chip.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Yoga-G7-review-High-end-business-convertible-laptop.619807.0.html

TJ

Since there is air flow through the keyboard now, does this mean the ThinkPad keyboards are no longer water resistant?

chrisDo

really disappointed by intel 12gen p series. i don't know whats good about this platform ! performance is lower than last gen 5800U while it runs hotter and consumes more power. in comparison 5800U really sips power and in the same configuration in WiFi test would last 11 or more hours. current gen  6800U performs 10% better than it's predecessor is about to last more than 14 hours with RDNA2 graphics !.

Andreas Osthoff

Fredrik

Thank you for a very honest and balanced review, hopefully Lenovo will respond and come back with a BIOS update to adress some of these issues.

Firehorse67

Thanks for the extensive and independent review. I ordered one from Lenovo Australia before the end-of-financial year discounts were offered, contacted them afterwards and they agreed to price match, which is good.

I'm concerned about the noise issue and wonder if it will be reduced running Linux, which I intend to do through dual boot.

davidm

I went all-in on a G6 X1 Yoga, top specs, 32gb, i7, extended warranty. Sold it for a huge loss six months later, couldn't stand it. Slow, terrible battery life, got way too hot, noisy. Lenovo should just add a couple of mm and do this system properly.

G

I am using this laptop since January 2023. I have the Intel 5 1240P with 16GB RAM and I upgraded the storage to a Samsung 980Pro 1TB.
I used it with Win10 and Win11 Pro, Fedora, Pop OS, Ubuntu, Fyde OS (for some reason Chrome OS Flex didn't work) but all operating system gave me the same problem.
The battery life and the heating issues. It is by far the worst laptop I have ever used. I have tried to playing with the settings to keep the temperature down and extend the battery life. Nothing helped. I just fire up the YouTube and the fans are spinning crazy even in power saving mode and with all the energy savings I have done on top of that. Or when windows updates run in the background again fans turn on and couple minutes later I can mot keep the laptop on my lap because it is toasting hot.
And now half a year later I couldn't even sell it to buy something else. Nobody interested in this crap. I am at that point to throw it to the bin and auck up the huge loss.
This review above is way more positive than it should be!
People don't buy this laptop!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview