News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

ThrottleStop Primer

Started by Redaktion, April 15, 2017, 18:07:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

ThrottleStop is one of the most useful programs for any PC user, but it can be intimidating to use at first glance. This primer walks readers through installing ThrottleStop, explains its basic features and functions, and guides them through some basic optimizations that any user could benefit from.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/ThrottleStop-Primer.213140.0.html

Doctor Hue

Hi! A long time Throttlestop (and Notebookcheck too!) user here.
Just a heads up, Clock Modulation % still works on my Skylake i7-6700HQ CPU. Try reducing the percentage and run TS bench, you will see it actually takes longer to finish the benchmark.

clearnamereloaded

Thank you for this valuable Information package, I could review my Obsidian adjustment quite well, after understanding some detailes, I had issues with shutdowns I could repair.

Deplorable the Fivr option is not activated on my application, so I have no possibility to apply the chapter "Undervolting", but I will look in my Bios for a activation. I have Thermal issues, so I am interested on all options to lower power consumption.

clearname

Screenshots zu meinem Kommentar

Franck

Thank you so much for these wonderful explanations about this awesome app !!!

Jaylo

Hey--just wanted to drop a note to say thanks for this extremely helpful guide. I can't believe I haven't heard of this program until now, and it was super easy to set up thanks to your instructions! Does this program work on desktop computers as well? Would love to see more advanced guides!

Douglas Black

Quote from: Jaylo on April 25, 2017, 14:56:07
Hey--just wanted to drop a note to say thanks for this extremely helpful guide. I can't believe I haven't heard of this program until now, and it was super easy to set up thanks to your instructions! Does this program work on desktop computers as well? Would love to see more advanced guides!

It should work on your desktop CPU, but it is more geared towards mobiles. Intel XTU is designed for their K-series unlocked desktop CPUs.

ricsgone

Outstanding article and explanation. Thanks for the definitive guide. Just upgraded my processor from a P8400 to an X9100 and am looking forward to download and get this app up and running. Thanks again for a very in-depth article, something that is actually up-to-date.

Douglas Black

Quote from: ricsgone on June 01, 2017, 04:48:28
Outstanding article and explanation. Thanks for the definitive guide. Just upgraded my processor from a P8400 to an X9100 and am looking forward to download and get this app up and running. Thanks again for a very in-depth article, something that is actually up-to-date.

Thank you very much for the kind words!

cj_miranda23

Very nice guide! I was able to undervolt my LAPTOP 7700k cpu to -155mv w/c greatly reduce temperature when gaming. Hoping you can follow-up this article with advance guide for power users having in depth explanation of all available options/tabs on throttlestop. I want to learn more ;)

Anh Khoa Trần

Thank you,

A simple, quick guide, it save my 7700hq heating in my MSI G63VR :).

Thanks again,
TaK

Robson

Mounteder

Hey, amazing explanation but I got a problem. I can't change the speedshift values per profile. If I change it t0 196 on battery and save that and then go to game to change the speedshift values there, it would also be 196. And after I would have changed that value it would also be changed for my battery profile. Any suggestions?

Dawid

This saved my XPS 15 9560! Before undervolting the temperatures would hit 97 degrees during massive load and now they are around 81 max. Could you explain whether the readings of C0% - around 99 constantly - mean something?

Thank you!

Aaron

It's strange, I used Throttlestop to undervolt my i7-7700HQ by -0.120V and I'm still not seeing improvements in my package temperatures when running stress tests.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview